Bell sleeves, if you’re not familiar with them, are sleeves that flare out at the bottom.
They’ve been around since the 1960s and have hung around ever since—but will they be as popular in 2024 or 2025?
That’s what we’re here to answer!
What do bell sleeves look like?
Bell sleeves are a type of sleeve that has a curved shape to it, like a bell. They’re also called “belled” sleeves, and can be found on clothing for both men and women.
They are typically quite wide, but not as wide as most full-length sleeves. The upper half of the sleeve—the part that curves outward—is usually made from a lighter fabric than the lower half.
There are many different types of bell sleeves, each with its own unique style. One type is the “puffed” bell sleeve: this type has a large amount of extra fabric that makes the sleeve look puffy, with a lot more material than normal bell sleeves. It’s similar to ruffled sleeves, but instead of being gathered into folds at the bottom edge, they are gathered into folds at the top edge instead (where they meet the shoulder).
Are bell sleeves still in style in 2024 or 2025?
Bell sleeves are certainly still in style, but the look is more of a fashion statement than anything else.
The bell sleeve has been a staple of fashion since the 18th century, when women would wear their dresses with puffy sleeves that flared out when they moved. Over time, these sleeves narrowed and became more streamlined—while still being popular among women throughout history.
In recent years, bell sleeves have made a comeback as a trendy accessory for many different looks. You can find them on dresses, shirts, and even jackets. They are often worn by celebs like Ariana Grande and Rihanna who want to stand out from the crowd while still staying true to their personal style.
Bell sleeves are still in style because they’re so versatile and easy to incorporate into your wardrobe. You can wear them over jeans or leggings for an edgy look or pair them with a skirt for a more elegant feel.
5 reasons Why some women love wearing bell sleeves?
Bell sleeves are so much fun to wear. They look great on any body type, and they’re really easy to style.
Here are five reasons why some women love wearing bell sleeves:
1. Bell sleeves make you feel like a princess
2. You can easily create a medieval look by pairing them with a corset and high-waisted skirt
3. With bell sleeves, you have the ability to create your own unique style without worrying too much about matching everything perfectly (you know what we mean)
4. Bell sleeves are perfect for fall weather because they keep your arms warm without making you look like an old lady who’s freezing to death in the cold (no one wants that)
5. Your bell sleeves are just so darn cute that it’s hard not to wear them all the time!
Cons of wearing bell sleeves
1. Mot for everyone.
If you don’t have the right body type, bell sleeves can make you look like a cartoon character or an extra from The Sound of Music. There’s a reason why they’re so popular in the runway world and not on regular people.
2. Bell sleeves can be tricky to wear in public.
They’re very statement-y, so if you’re not careful, you could end up looking like a walking billboard for your favorite brand or trend (or worse—a walking billboard for your least favorite thing). If you go out in public with them on, make sure that what’s written on your sleeve is something good!
5 Tips for buying bell sleeves for yourself
Bell sleeves are the latest fashion trend, and they’re absolutely everywhere! But how do you know if bell sleeves are right for you?
Here are five tips for buying bell sleeves for yourself.
1. Know your measurements
This might seem obvious, but it’s important! If you’re buying a new dress or shirt with bell sleeves, make sure it fits correctly. If not, return it and try again!
2. Know what kind of sleeve you want
There are two main types of sleeve: cap sleeves and bell sleeves. Cap sleeves have a small amount of extra fabric at the top that comes up over the shoulder, while bell sleeves have extra fabric that extends all the way down to your wrist (or even further). That extra fabric looks really cute!
3. Get creative with color schemes
If you’re new to wearing bell sleeves, start by trying them out in basic black—it’s a classic look that never goes out of style. But once you’ve gotten used to wearing them around town (and feeling like royalty), feel free to experiment with color schemes! Try pairing your favorite shade of blue with gold trimming or adding some fun embroidery details on each sleeve. You’ll be surprised at how many options there are, and you’ll get a lot of compliments along the way.
4. Make sure your arms are covered
If you’re going to wear bell sleeves, make sure they cover your arms completely. That means no skin showing between the sleeve and your hand! If you’re worried about getting cold while wearing them, try wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath—it’ll look cute and keep you warm.
5. Make sure your pants fit properly
It’s important that you wear pants that fit well with your bell sleeves, too. If you’re wearing high-waisted jeans or leggings, make sure they fit snugly at the top so they don’t show any skin between them and your shirt.
5 quick tips for styling Your new bell sleeves this year
Hey! You’ve got new bell sleeves and you’re dying to wear them.
We get it. We’ve been there.
But before you start styling those sleeves, there are a few things you should know.
1. Don’t match the sleeves to your pants. It’s not as cute as it sounds, trust us.
2. If you’re wearing a shirt that has bell sleeves and pants that have no bell sleeves—and vice versa—make sure they’re both neutral tones so they don’t clash!
3. If you have long hair and have never worn it down with your new bell-sleeved shirt, try it out! It will look amazing with this style (and no one will even know why).
4. Try wearing a scarf over your shoulders if you want to add some color without drawing too much attention away from the rest of your outfit!
5. If you don’t like how something looks but don’t want to waste money on another item just yet, try wearing it backwards or inside-out first! This is always an option for people who want to see if something works before buying it themselves.
It’s clear that bell sleeves are here to stay. They’re a classic, and they’re not going anywhere.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on whether bell sleeves are still in style in 2024 or 2025, and we hope it helped you get the answers you needed!
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!