You might have seen them on your favorite celebrities, and maybe you’ve even tried them yourself.
Broomstick skirts are a popular choice for women who want to look feminine, but also want to show off their curves. But are broomstick skirts still in style? And why?
In this post, we’ll talk about what broomstick skirts are and who wears them, as well as why they’re still popular today and some tips for buying and styling them.
Are Broomstick Skirts still in style in 2023?
The answer is: Yes, but only if you’re a witch.
Or maybe not.
It’s hard to say. When it comes to fashion, we tend to be a little bit behind the times. And that’s okay! The point of fashion is not to be fashionable—it’s just to make yourself feel good about yourself, which is something that everyone has a right to do regardless of what’s on-trend at the moment.
But if you’re looking for data on whether or not broomstick skirts are still trendy in 2023, there are some things you might want to know:
For starters, according to Google Trends, “broomstick skirt” searches peaked in 2005 and have been steadily declining ever since. A look through Instagram and Pinterest shows that there are still millions of people who are interested in this style, but it seems like the trend has already passed its peak—and that’s fine! It doesn’t mean everyone stopped wearing them; it just means they aren’t as popular as they once were.
So if you’re looking for a way to express your individuality while also feeling great about yourself? You could do worse than try out a broomstick skirt!
Why is it called a broomstick skirt?
Well, a broomstick skirt is a skirt that has these tiny creases or pleats that give it a crinkly texture. Apparently, the name comes from the way the skirt is designed to resemble the shape of a broom. It has these tightly pleated tiers that flare out and create that look.
And get this, the bottom tier can flare up to 250 inches in circumference, which gives the skirt its graceful movement.
But wait, there’s more! According to some sources, the name “broomstick” comes from the method used to give the skirt its distinctive texture.
To create those crinkles, the skirt is wetted and then wound around a broomstick to dry. So that’s why they call it a broomstick skirt!
Why Broomstick Skirts are still in style in 2023?
Broomstick skirts have been in style for a long time, and they’re not going anywhere.
Here are 5 reasons why broomstick skirts will be around for years to come:
1. They look good on anyone! Whether you’re short or tall, thin or curvy, broomstick skirts will look amazing on you.
2. You can wear them with practically anything! T-shirts and athletic shoes? Yes! A dress and heels? Yes! A suit and tie? Yes! It’s up to you!
3. Broomstick skirts are easy to move in—and they make your legs look amazing when you do it! Dance around all night in one of these bad boys (or girls) without worrying about ripping or tearing anything.
4. Broomstick skirts are versatile enough to be worn year round—from summertime at the beach all the way through fall into winter months spent curled up by the fireplace with your favorite book. You’ll be ready for whatever comes your way!
5. And last but not least… Broomsticks make everything better!
3 Cons of Wearing Broomstick Skirts
1. They can be expensive, especially if you’re looking for a quality brand.
2. They aren’t as comfortable as other types of skirts (like A-line skirts or pencil skirts).
3. You have to be careful about what kind of shoes you wear with them—they’re super-long and don’t always fit underneath most pairs of shoes (especially flats).
So while broomstick skirts are great for making an impression and showing off your legs, they’re not always practical or comfortable.
8 Tips for buying Broomstick Skirts for yourself
Broomstick skirts are a classic style that never goes out of style. Whether you’re looking for a new broomstick skirt or want to buy one for yourself, here are some tips for making sure you get the best fit possible!
1. Measure yourself! You’ll need to know your waist, hips, and thigh measurements in order to find the perfect broomstick skirt for you.
2. Choose a neutral color that will work with everything in your closet. Broomstick skirts are great because they can go with anything—they just need to be the right color!
3. Find one that’s made from a stretchy material. This will make it easier to move around in, and also helps it stay up better than if it were made from something stiffer like denim or leather (though these kinds of materials can be used too!).
4. Get one with pockets if possible—it’ll make things so much easier when you’re out and about!
5. Make sure your broomstick skirt fits well around your hips as well as your waist so that it doesn’t fall down when you sit down or bend over .
6. Try it on with a cute top and some shoes to see if it looks good. If not, try again with different clothes until you find something that works!
7. Choose fabrics that flatter your skin tone. Broomstick skirts look best in bright colors or bright patterns that make them pop against darker colors like black or navy blue.
8. Seek out skirts with pockets! They’re not just useful for storing things—they can also make a statement about who you are as a person (you know, if that’s something important to you).
7 quick tips for styling Broomstick Skirts in 2023
1. Don’t shy away from color.
2. Add a scarf for an extra pop of color and pattern.
3. Try a denim jacket or blazer to add an unexpected element to an otherwise classic look.
4. A pair of leggings can be worn underneath your skirt for extra warmth when it’s cold out!
5. Wear your broomstick skirt with a pair of heels for a more formal look, or flip-flops for something casual!
6. If you’re working out in your broomstick skirt, make sure you wear shorts underneath so you don’t get too chilly! Or if you’re feeling really bold, try wearing nothing under your skirt at all! Just make sure no one else is looking if you decide to go that route…
7. The most important tip we can give? Wear whatever makes YOU feel comfortable and confident—and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
It’s safe to say that the broomstick skirt is not as popular now as it was in the 1950s, but that doesn’t mean it won’t come back into style again. The past decade has seen lots of trends come and go, but there are some that have remained popular for years. If you’re looking for a piece of clothing that will be in style for decades to come, then a broomstick skirt may just be what you’re looking for.
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!