While some fashion trends are timeless, others fall out of style faster than a ball of twine.
Are you wondering if your beloved cape blazer will still be cool in 2022 or 2023?
Let’s take a look at the trends that are in right now and see how they might hold up over time.
What are cape blazers?
Cape blazers are a type of suit that is designed to be worn with a cape. They are usually made from wool, and may have a vest or waistcoat. Cape blazers often have buttons on the front, and are often worn for formal occasions such as weddings.
Are cape blazers still in style in 2022 or 2023?
Cape blazers are still in style, but the trend is growing a bit more subtle.
In 2022, we saw a lot of capes that were just draped over the shoulders and arms, with no real fastening device like a button or tie.
The cape would just drape over the shoulders and down to the elbows, with no visible fastening device. This allowed the cape to be worn over anything from a t-shirt to a dress, giving it an extra layer of versatility.
In 2023, we’re seeing capes that have some kind of fastening device—but it’s not necessarily buttons or ties anymore.
We’ve seen belts used as fastenings on capes before, but this year they’re becoming increasingly popular as fasteners on capes. You can even find waist-cinchers that double as fasteners for your cape!
why are cape blazers still in style?
1. Your Cape blazers are versatile
Cape blazers are a little different than your typical blazer, which means they can be worn as part of any outfit. They’re not just for office attire or business casual—you can wear them with jeans and a t-shirt, or even tie one around your waist for a cute look!
2. Cape blazers are easy to accessorize
Cape blazers are easy to accessorize because they are made from such lightweight fabrics.
Most cape blazers have open shoulders, which means you can easily add jewelry or scarves to create a fun new look every time you wear it!
3. Have such a flattering fit
The cut of cape blazers is designed so that it hugs your curves and accentuates your figure in all the right places.
This makes them perfect for both tall women who want their legs to look longer and short women who want their neckline to look higher on them!
4. They’re elegant enough for special occasions but casual enough for everyday wear
Cape blazers are perfect for those who want to look polished, but don’t want to wear anything too formal. They’re great for wearing with jeans and a T-shirt, or you can pair them with dress pants and high heels for a night out on the town!
1. Add a pop of color. A cape blazer can be the perfect accent for any outfit, and it’s especially great when you want to add a splash of color. Try pairing a bright blazer with neutral pants or jeans and some fun accessories, like a colorful scarf or a statement necklace.
2. Layer it up! You can layer your cape blazer over anything—a t-shirt, button-down shirt, sweater, even another coat if you’re feeling adventurous. Just make sure to choose something light enough so that it doesn’t feel bulky under your jacket.
3. Accessorize! You don’t have to go all-out with jewelry or scarves when wearing your cape blazer—it’s okay if it’s the only piece of flair in your outfit (and we think that’s totally fine!). But if you want to add more style to your look, try throwing on a statement necklace or adding some simple earrings.
4. Try layering different colors together! If you’re not into bright colors like reds and yellows but still want to add some pizazz to your outfit, consider layering different shades of purple together instead (like lavender and violet). This is also a great way to wear a cape blazer if you’re not sure about the color!
5. Wear it with heels or flats. If you’re wearing a dress with your cape blazer, try pairing it with some heels or flats to give yourself some height (so you don’t look like an overgrown toddler).
We hope you’ve enjoyed this look back at the history of the cape blazer, and we’re excited to see what the future holds for this classic style.
We’ll be sure to keep you posted about any new developments in the fashion world so that you can stay ahead of trends and always look your best!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!