I’m sure you’ve heard that high-waisted shorts are in style right now. But what if I told you they’re only going to get better? What if I told you that in 2024, they’ll be even more popular than they are now?
And what if I told you it’s because of this new trend that high-waisted shorts—and even dresses!—are becoming more and more popular?
I’m here to tell you all about it.
what do high-waisted shorts look like?
You’ve probably seen the look on Instagram and wondered what it’s all about. But what exactly are high-waisted shorts?
High-waisted shorts usually have a straight, tapered cut—they’re not tight, but they don’t have any room to spare either.
They sit at your natural waist or slightly below it. The hemline is usually mid-thigh or higher, so they work great with crop tops or tanks in the summertime.
If you’re not sure if you can pull off this look, think about whether you like how your current pants fit (or don’t). Do they hit at the right spot for you?
If so, you might like high-waisted shorts! If you’re still not sure, try a pair on. Some brands fit differently than others, so if you find one you like, be sure to check out their other styles too.
are high-waisted shorts in style in 2024?
While high-waisted shorts are still popular in 2024, they’re not as in-demand as they were in 2020.
In the early years of the decade, the rise of high-waisted shorts coincided with a shift in fashion toward more body-conscious styles and silhouettes. The trend was embraced by celebrities and influencers alike and quickly became one of the most popular trends of the year.
But as time went on, it became clear that this trend wasn’t going anywhere fast—and that’s when we knew it was time to go back to basics. High-waisted shorts were still in style, but they weren’t the only thing you could wear!
Why are high-waisted shorts in style in 2024?
High-waisted shorts are in style in 2024 because of the following five reasons:
1. They’re comfortable!
2. They make you look taller, which is great for anyone who’s short.
3. They’re flattering on all body types—they can make someone look slimmer, or they can add curves to someone who needs them.
4. They’re versatile and easy to pair with other pieces, like a tank top or blouse, as well as a variety of shoes (like sandals or boots).
5. They’re affordable: you can find high-waisted shorts at any store that sells clothing!
Some cons of High-waisted shorts
High-waisted shorts are a great staple for any wardrobe. They’re flattering and versatile, and they can make you look taller. But like all great things, there are a few cons. Here are some to be aware of:
1. When you bend over or squat down, you may feel like the shorts are falling down your hips.
2. They can be hard to find in certain lengths—especially if you’re tall or have long legs.
3. The fabric is often thick and heavy, which can make them hotter than other kinds of shorts in warm weather.
How to choose high-waisted shorts in 2024
High-waisted shorts are a great way to show off your waistline, whether you’re wearing a button-down shirt or a tank top. They can also help to camouflage your stomach and hips if you’re feeling self-conscious about them. Here are some tips for wearing high-waisted shorts:
1) Be sure to get the right fit. If they’re too tight, they’ll make your stomach look bigger than it is; if they’re too loose, then they won’t do much to hide what’s underneath them.
2) Choose fabrics that are stretchy and breathable. This will ensure that the shorts don’t feel tight or restrictive when you wear them, but also won’t sag or slide down as the day goes on.
3) Make sure there’s enough space between the waistband of your shorts and your waistline so that when you sit down, you don’t feel like you’re going to pop out from underneath them!
5 Tips for wearing High-waisted shorts in 2024
Wearing high-waisted shorts in 2024 is a tricky thing to do. The trend is on the rise, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re thinking about trying out high-waisted shorts, here are some tips to help you make the most of the look:
1. Make sure they fit right. You want to feel confident in your high-waisted shorts, so make sure they’re not too short and that they don’t have any gaping spots where they don’t fit right.
2. Don’t wear them with anything too loose or baggy—you want all of your clothes to be fitted, including your pants and shorts, so that everything looks like one smooth line going down from your head to your waist and hips.
3. High-waisted shorts look best with a crop top or tank top that shows off your collarbones and shoulders (not just a bra strap). You’ll want something that sits just below the bottom of your bra band for maximum impact!
4. High-waisted shorts are really flattering on women who are pear-shaped or hourglass-shaped because they help balance out the proportions of their bodies—so if you’re pear-shaped or hourglass-shaped but want to wear high-waisted shorts, then I definitely recommend trying them out!
5. High-waisted shorts look best when they’re worn with a crop top (or a tank top that’s just below the bottom of your bra strap).
We’ve seen a lot of trends come and go over the years, but we think that high-waisted shorts are here to stay.
We think they’re super flattering on all body types, and you can wear them so many different ways.
From casual to formal, there’s no way you can go wrong with these shorts.
And if you want to be a little more daring? Try out some high-waisted trousers!
What do you think? Are high-waisted shorts in style in 2024?
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!