If you’re a long-skirt lover, then this post is for you.
Long skirts have been an integral part of women’s fashion since the early 20th century. And while they’ve gone out of style at certain points in history, they always make a comeback and are here to stay! But what makes them so timeless? And why should you wear one?
Read on to find out why long skirts are still popular today, and get some tips on how to wear your own long skirt.
Are long skirts still in style in 2023?
The answer is a resounding yes! Long skirts have been getting more and more popular in recent years, and we think they’ll be just as big a hit in the coming years.
While you might not be able to find them at every store, you can definitely still find plenty of long skirts at stores like H&M or Forever 21.
Google Trends shows that interest in long skirts peaked in 2016, but it’s still pretty high now, especially if you look at interest over time in African countries. In fact, there are millions of long skirts on Instagram and Pinterest from users in the United States.
So what does this all mean? Well, it means that if you’re looking for a new skirt this year or next year—or even 2024—you should definitely consider investing in one that will last you for years to come!
Do long skirts look good on tall people?
Absolutely, long skirts look amazing on tall people because they have the added benefit of being able to hide a giraffe in there. Just kidding! But seriously, long skirts can definitely complement the height of tall individuals and make them look like they’re walking on clouds. Plus, if you ever need to smuggle in some snacks or a small animal, you’ve got plenty of room to work with.
Here are 10 types of long skirts:
- Maxi Skirts – These are floor-length skirts that are usually fitted at the waist and flare out towards the bottom.
- A-Line Skirts – These skirts have a fitted waist and gradually flare out towards the hem, creating an A-shape.
- Pleated Skirts – These skirts have folds or pleats that run vertically down the skirt, adding texture and movement.
- Mermaid Skirts – These skirts are fitted at the waist and hips, then flare out at the knee or calf, resembling a mermaid’s tail.
- Wrap Skirts – These skirts wrap around the waist and fasten with a tie, creating a flattering silhouette.
- High-Low Skirts – These skirts have a hemline that is longer in the back than in the front, creating a dramatic effect.
- Tiered Skirts – These skirts have multiple layers or tiers, adding volume and movement to the skirt.
- Gypsy Skirts – These skirts are typically flowy and have a bohemian vibe, often featuring embroidery or patterns.
- Midi Skirts – These skirts fall between the knee and ankle and can be either fitted or flowy.
- Dirndl Skirts – These skirts have a fitted waist and full, gathered skirt, often seen in traditional German attire.
We are going to make a list of 5 reasons why long skirts are still in style in 2023
1. You can wear it with anything. You can wear them with a t-shirt or a crop top or a blouse or even a dress.
2. They make you look slimmer and taller than usual.
3. It is so comfortable to wear and it makes you feel like you’re walking on air (pardon the pun).
4. They are easy to wash, dry and iron as compared to other types of clothes especially jeans which takes a lot of time to iron out wrinkles from them.
5. They have been around for decades so there is no doubt about their durability and longevity over the years
Cons of wearing Long Skirts
1. Long skirts can be hard to walk in.
2. Long skirts usually require a lot of fabric, which means you’ll need more storage space for your wardrobe.
3. You might get caught in the rain and end up ruining your skirt (and not just washing it out like a pair of jeans).
Tips for buying Long Skirts for yourself
Long skirts are a wardrobe staple for many women. They’re versatile and can be worn in so many different ways, but they can also be a little tricky to find. Here are five tips for buying long skirts for yourself:
1) Make sure the skirt is long enough. You want the skirt to hit at or above your knees, but don’t go too long—you don’t want it dragging on the ground! And make sure it’s not too tight around your thighs—you want to be able to fit two fingers between the fabric and your leg when you’re standing up straight.
2) Choose a fabric that has some give, like wool or cotton twill. This will make it easier to wear and easier for you to move around in your new skirt!
3) Get a few different colors so that you can mix and match with other items in your closet! Having options is always nice!
4) If it’s an especially formal event, consider wearing black tights underneath the skirt instead of wearing stockings (which may get caught on something). This will give you some extra coverage without taking away from the look of your outfit!
5) When you are buying a long skirt, make sure that it fits well around your waist and hips. You do not want the skirt to be too tight or too loose around these areas because this will make it uncomfortable for you when you move around in it. If the skirt is too tight or too loose, then this will also give off an unflattering look that you don’t want when wearing it out in public eye!
5 quick tips for styling Long Skirts in 2023
A long skirt is a great way to show off your legs and look chic. The key to styling a long skirt is knowing how to work it with the rest of your outfit. Here are five quick tips for styling long skirts in 2023:
Use a belt – A belt can help you create shape and accentuate your waistline. It also helps add an extra layer of texture and interest to an otherwise plain outfit.
Try different hems – You don’t have to wear your long skirt all the way down to the ground! Try some shorter lengths or even tuck it into your boots or shoes for a more boho look.
Go monochromatic – A monochromatic outfit is always flattering, especially when paired with a long skirt. Stick with one color family (black/white/cream), or choose three colors that are related but not necessarily all from the same family (blue/green/orange). This will make sure everything matches without being too matchy-matchy!
Layer up – Adding layers can help create visual interest without adding bulkiness or bulkiness at all! Try wearing a longer shirt under your skirt or even wearing two different types of tops together (like a long-sleeved shirt under a short-sleeved top). A pretty scarf is also a great way to add interest without adding bulk.
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, try pairing your long skirt with leggings (or even socks). This look is trending right now because it looks so incredibly chic when done right! Just make sure your shoes are on point—shoes should always be the focus of any outfit, so make sure yours are worth talking about!
We hope this article has helped you decide whether or not you should purchase a long skirt in 2023.
Long skirts are a classic look that never goes out of style, so if you’re looking for something that will last you several years or even decades, then consider adding one to your wardrobe.
You can wear them with heels or flats, and they’ll look great with any top or jacket. And don’t forget about the incredible versatility of long skirts: they can be worn to work and also for a night out on the town!
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!