Are long trench coats still in style? That’s a question we’ve been asking ourselves lately.
We want to be sure that our readers know the answers to things like this before they head out shopping.
So we put our investigative hats on and did some digging.
What are long trench coats?
Long trench coats are a bit of a mystery. They’re not exactly long trench coats, but they’re also not just plain old trench coats. They’re something in between, and you can wear them as separates or together with other pieces.
The best part about long trench coats is that they’re warm enough to be worn on their own during the winter, but they can also be layered over your favorite shirt and jeans combo during the summer.
Are long trench coats still in style in 2022 or 2023?
It’s a good time to ask that question. Long trench coats have been in style for quite some time, but they’ve been making a comeback in recent years.
In fact, long trench coats are so popular that they’re currently the number one trend on Pinterest!
If you love this classic coat style, you’re not alone. But if you’re looking to wear your long trench coat in 2022 or 2023, you might want to consider how it fits into your overall look.
Long trench coats can be worn over pretty much anything—from jeans and a T-shirt to a formal gown—so feel free to experiment with different styles and silhouettes to find what works best for your body type and personal style.
Long trench coats are still popular. Here’s why:
1. It can be worn in many seasons. You can wear it in spring, summer, and autumn.
2. The long coat is very warm, so you will stay warm when you’re wearing it outside in the winter.
3. Long trench coats look good on everyone! They’re flattering on all body types because they hide any flaws and accentuate your positive features.
4. You can use long trench coats as an accessory by pairing them with other items in your wardrobe (e.g., boots, jeans). This way you can create different looks without having to spend a lot of money on new clothes!
5. Long trench coats are versatile, so if you wear one for more than a year, it won’t go out of style!
6. Long trench coats are timeless pieces that can be worn by anyone at any age; from young women to older ladies (and even men!)
Cons of wearing long trench coats
Long trench coats are a classic look, but they also have a few drawbacks. Here’s what you need to know before you buy one.
1. They’re not always waterproof
A long trench coat is one of the best items to have in your closet for spring and fall weather, but it’s important to know that these coats aren’t always waterproof. If you live in a rainy area, you may want to opt for a raincoat instead.
2. They can be warm on cold days
If it’s chilly out, you may find yourself sweating under your long trench coat—and that’s no fun when you’re trying to stay warm!
Some Tips for buying long trench coats for yourself
The long trench coat is a classic, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re thinking about buying one, consider these six tips before making your purchase:
1. The length of the coat should be at least mid-calf. This way, you can wear it with leggings or jeans without exposing too much skin.
2. The sleeves should end at or above your wrist bone; otherwise they might look like cap sleeves when you raise your arms above head level (which is a definite no-no).
3. You should be able to button the coat all the way up with ease—but don’t button it if you’re not comfortable!
4. Make sure there are plenty of pockets inside and out so that you can keep your keys, phone, wallet, etc., close at hand without having to worry about them falling out of the pocket or getting lost somewhere along the way.
5. Choose a color that suits your personal style and wardrobe; black works well for many people but not everyone feels comfortable wearing this shade of color (especially if it’s an old-fashioned style). For example: navy blue looks great on most people as well as brown or tan.
6. If you’re looking for a classic trench coat that’s not too expensive, try shopping at Banana Republic, JCPenney and Macy’s; they sell quality coats that won’t break the bank.
5 quick tips for wearing long trench coats this year
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of throwing on a long trench coat and stepping out into the cold, crisp air.
But there are a few things to keep in mind when wearing a long trench coat this season. Here are our top 5 tips for making sure yours fits and looks great:
1. Make sure it’s not too big. A long trench coat should fit snugly around your waist, so it doesn’t billow out when you walk.
2. Choose one that has a belt or other way to cinch at the waist if your body shape doesn’t allow for snugness at the waist.
3. Go for a shorter version if you’re taller than average or have longer legs than most people do—you’ll look more proportional!
4. Be careful with any shearling or fur trimming on the inside of your coat; these can make it difficult to put on over other layers like sweaters or shirts underneath! Try using an inside hook-and-eye closure at least until you’re ready to go outside (then switch back over).
5. If possible, try on different colors before making your final decision—it can be hard to tell online exactly how something will look in person!
We hope this has been helpful! Long trench coats are still in style, and we think they’ll be here for a long time to come. They’re versatile, classic, and can be worn in any season—that’s why they’ve been around for so long.
There are many styles of long trench coats available—from the classic trench coat to the double-breasted version to the denim one you see above. Check out some of our other blog posts on how to wear them, where to buy them, and more!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!