Low-rise jeans have been a staple of the denim world for decades, but they’re not quite as popular as they used to be.
And that’s a shame! Low-rise jeans work on so many body types and are great for showing off your favorite pair of shoes.
But are low-rise jeans making a comeback in 2023?
In this article, we’ll explore what low-rise jeans are, why you might want to wear them, and whether or not low-rise jeans are coming back in 2023.
Short history Of Low-rise Jeans
Low-rise jeans were first introduced in the 1940s by Levi Strauss & Co.
They were an instant hit with consumers because they were more comfortable than traditional high-waisted jeans, but still offered some extra protection from the elements (since they came up higher).
But in the last decade, low-rise jeans aren’t as popular as they once were—in fact, according to some sources, only about 20% of women said they’d wear low-rise jeans if given the choice between high-waisted and low-waisted styles
In 2023, are low-rise jeans coming back?
The answer is a resounding “yes.”
Low-rise jeans have been around since the dawn of time, but they’ve been out of fashion for close to a decade. But that’s all about to change!
The timeless appeal of low-rise jeans means they’re set to make their comeback in 2022.
The trendsetters and influencers have already started to get on board with this trend: Kim Kardashian was spotted wearing low-rise jeans while walking her dog; Kylie Jenner has been seen wearing them with a crop top and heels; and Kendall Jenner has been spotted wearing them with a crop top and sneakers.
And once these celebrities start wearing them—and posting about it on Instagram—you’ll want to get in on the action too!
5 Features of low-rise jeans
Low-rise jeans are a staple of any fashionable wardrobe, but sometimes it’s hard to know exactly what you’re looking for in this category. Here are 5 features to look for when shopping for low-rise jeans:
1. A slim fit: Low-rise jeans are all about the lines, and that means staying away from baggy styles and opting for a slim or straight-leg fit instead.
2. An ankle-length hem: This is especially important if you’re going with a slimmer cut—you don’t want them dragging on the ground!
3. An adjustable waistband with belt loops: This is an essential feature that allows you to customize your look depending on how much time you have to get ready in the morning (or whether you’re wearing heels).
4. A tapered leg opening: You want these jeans to be flattering and feminine, not boxy or shapeless!
5. A mid-rise waistband: This way, when you sit down in them, it won’t feel like your butt is hanging out everywhere!
5 reasons why are low-rise jeans in style in 2023
Low-rise jeans are in style and will be for the next five years. Here are 5 reasons why:
1) They’re comfortable. Low-rise jeans sit right at your natural waist, so they’re super comfortable. You can move around and do whatever you want without worrying about your pants falling down!
2) They look good on everyone. No matter what kind of body shape you have, low-rise jeans are flattering to your shape because they accentuate all the right places while hiding any areas that could use some extra coverage.
3) They go with everything from tunics to t-shirts to dresses, making them easy to coordinate with any outfit!
4) The fit is always flattering, no matter how much or little booty you have! The only thing that might change is whether or not you need a belt, but even then it’s just an accessory to make your whole look even better!
5) Low-rise jeans give off an air of confidence, which is always a good thing!
We also talk about the cons of low-rise jeans
Low-rise jeans are a fashion trend that’s been around for a while now, and we’re still not sure if we love it or hate it. While they do look great on some people, there are also some major drawbacks to low-rise jeans:
1) They can make your legs look shorter than they are
2) They can create an unflattering bulge in the front of your pants
3) They don’t always work well with high heels
4) They’re not very flattering for people with short torsos or large hips
5) If you’re wearing them with an untucked shirt, they’ll show off too much skin
5 Tips for choosing low-rise jeans
We’re here to help you choose low-rise jeans that are just right for you.
Here are our top 5 tips for finding the perfect pair of low-rise jeans:
1. Make sure they’re not too tight! Low-rise jeans that are too tight can cause a muffin top effect, which is never cute.
2. Make sure they have enough stretch! Low-rise jeans that don’t have enough stretch can lead to a saggy bum, which is also never cute.
3. Make sure they’re long enough! Low-rise jeans should be long enough to cover your entire butt crack and most of your thighs—a good rule of thumb is that they should sit at least two inches above the knee cap when standing straight up with legs together and feet together (if you’re wearing heels). If your low-rise jeans fit correctly but still aren’t long enough, try rolling them up once or twice at the bottom seam (where it hits the floor). That’ll give them more length without sacrificing their casual vibe!
4. Make sure there’s enough room for bending over! You don’t want any parts of your body getting stuck in uncomfortable positions while bending over or sitting down in low-rise
5. Try on several different styles until you find one that fits comfortably and looks good on your body type and shape! Don’t be afraid to experiment with new trends or styles since this will help make sure you find something flattering instead of just settling for what’s comfortable enough without having any fun at all!
So what does all of this mean for the future of low-rise jeans?
Well, it’s hard to tell. But we do know that if you’re looking for a pair of low-rise jeans and you can’t find them in your local store, you can always order them online.
And if you want to get ahead on the trends, check out our list of designers who are known for creating some of the best low-rise jeans out there.
We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you navigate the world of denim!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!