We’ve all been there: you’re looking for a pair of jeans, so you head to the store, pick up a pair that fits perfectly… and then realize they’re mom jeans.
You know, those jeans that were popular in the early 2000s? They were baggy and unflattering, but somehow they came into style again. And now they’re back again—and we’re here to help you get out of them.
Are mom jeans back in style? Here’s what we think: no! They never went away—they just became popular again.
Now is your chance to enjoy the best of both worlds: sleek, flattering jeans that are also comfortable enough for everyday wear.
What are mom Jeans look like?
Mom jeans are universally recognized as the same pair of jeans that your mom wore in the 90s. They are usually dark blue, and have a relaxed fit with a high waistline and flared legs.
In the past few years, mom jeans have seen a resurgence in popularity. In fact, many celebrities have been seen wearing them!
The mom jean has been featured on the red carpet at award shows, and even on the runway at fashion month.
It’s not uncommon to see celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, and Rihanna wearing these iconic denim pieces.
If you’re thinking about trying out this trend yourself, we’re here to help!
5 features of mom Jeans
When you’re a mom, jeans are just one of those things that you have to buy. You don’t want to spend a lot on them, because they’re not exactly the most glamorous item in your closet. And you don’t want to spend a lot of time finding the perfect pair, because who really wants to be in the dressing room for an hour?
So we’ve done the work for you—we found five features that we think are essential for any mom jeans:
1. They shouldn’t be too tight.
2. They should be comfortable enough to wear all day, every day.
3. They should be durable enough that they won’t fall apart after six months of use.
4. The material should feel soft against your skin and look flattering on your body type (because let’s face it: nothing feels good when it doesn’t fit right). And finally…
5. They should be affordable!
Are mom jeans back in style in 2023?
The best thing about mom jeans is that they’re super comfortable, so if you’re looking for a pair of jeans that are going to be super easy to wear and feel great on your legs, mom jeans are the way to go!
But, there’s no question about it: Mom’s jeans were not cool. They weren’t even cute. But now, in 2022, we’ve got a different story.
The mom jean has come back in style! And we’re not talking about those crisp white ones that your mom might have worn in the ’80s—we’re talking about the darker denim, more relaxed fit of the ’90s.
We’ve seen celebrities like Rihanna and Kendall Jenner wearing these new-and-improved mom jeans all over the red carpet, and now they’re available online at stores like Amazon and Zara (if you want something more high-end).
We predict that mom jeans will continue to be popular throughout 2023 because they’re easy to wear and look good on everyone.
Here are 5 reasons why Mom jeans are still in style
Mom jeans are the most popular jeans for women. They are comfortable, stylish, and well-priced. We have listed 5 reasons why mom jeans are popular:
1. The rise of mom jeans is due to the popularity of high-waisted pants in the 1990s, which gave way to a new style of denim that has been popular ever since.
2. Mom jeans have become a staple in every woman’s closet because they can be worn with almost any type of outfit (dressy or casual) and are flattering on any body type.
3. Mom jeans are available in many different styles and colors, so there’s something for everyone!
4. They’re affordable—you can find a great pair of mom jeans at just about any retail store or online shop!
5. Wearing mom jeans is like wearing your favorite pair of sweatpants but with a more polished look
We also cover some cons of Mom Jeans
It’s no secret that mom jeans are back in style. The question is, will you be wearing them?
If you’re not sure how to pull off the look, here’s what you should know:
1) You can’t wear them with heels. If you’re going to wear mom jeans, you have to go all-out—and that means flats or sneakers.
2) They’re not the best for people with a bigger butt or hips. We know this isn’t true for everyone, but it’s true for a lot of us! So if you have a big butt and hips, keep looking until you find a pair of mom jeans that fits your body type well.
3) They’re not flattering on everyone. It’s important to remember that fashion isn’t one size fits all—and the same goes for mom jeans! If they don’t fit your body type well, they probably won’t look good on you unless you make some alterations first (or just find another pair!).
5 tips for wearing mom jeans in 2023
Mom jeans are a classic style, but they can be tricky to wear. Here are 5 tips for making mom jeans work for you!
1. Make sure you’ve got the right fit. Mom jeans should be not too tight, not too baggy—they should hug your body without being tight or restricting.
2. Make sure you know how to match them with other pieces in your wardrobe. You don’t want to end up looking like a mismatched mess!
3. Keep an eye on trends so that you can make sure your look is still current and fresh!
4. Be confident! If you feel great in your mom jeans, other people will notice!
5. Go for it! Mom jeans are here to stay, so don’t worry about what others might say—just have fun wearing them!
Should you wear mom jeans in 2023?
So, the answer to our question: should you wear mom jeans in 2023?
We say yes! As long as you feel like it. If you want to show off your butt and put on some tight-fitting jeans, go for it.
You do you, boo. And if you want to wear your mom’s hand-me-downs from the ’90s and look like a walking relic of decades past, that’s cool too.
Just know that no matter what you decide to do, we’ll be here for you.
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!