Not sure if oversized coats are in style in 2023? We can help!
We’ve got all the info you need to know about what’s hot, what’s not, and how to make sure you’re looking your best at all times.
But what if you’ve never worn one? How do you make the transition from your skinny jeans and crop tops to a full-length fur coat? And what if you don’t want to look like you’re straight out of the 1950s?
Keep reading! We will answer your questions and share some tips for buying and wearing big coats!
What are oversized coats?
Oversized coats are typically long, loose-fitting piece of clothing that reaches down to your ankles.
They are usually made from thick and warm materials such as wool or denim, so they keep you warm in the winter months.
Some people think oversized coats look sloppy or just plain bad, but with a few tips, you’ll be able to wear an oversized coat without looking like a slob.
Aare oversized coats in style in 2023?
Oversized coats are the most fashionable thing you can wear this winter, and we’re here to tell you why.
You’ve probably seen them around: oversized coats that are so big they almost look like a cape or wrap.
Oversized coats are everywhere—but what does it mean?
Well, it means that you can feel super confident in your style without having to worry about being too cool for school.
Oversized coats are perfect for people who want to stand out, but don’t want to be the center of attention. They’re also great if you have an outfit that’s a little bit too loud or bright for school—just throw on an oversized coat and voilà! It’s like the outfit was designed just for you!
Oversized coats are also perfect if you want to show off how much of a boss-lady (or boss-man) you are. If you’re wearing one of these bad boys, everyone is going to know who’s in charge of things around here—and it definitely isn’t them!
Answers from our readers
We asked our readers, and they had a lot to say!
“I love oversized coats. I like to wear them with heels and a leather jacket.” – @tiffany_thompson
“I think oversized coats are in style in 2022 because they’re so cozy!” – @ann_bentley
“I don’t think oversized coats are in style in 2022 because I’ve never seen anyone wearing one.” – @joshua_beck
Why are oversized coats still popular?
Well, there are a lot of reasons—and we’re going to share them with you!
Here are 5 reasons why oversized coats are still popular:
1. Oversized coats are comfy!
An oversized coat will keep you warm without restricting movement at all—which is great if you live in a cold climate or just want something that will let you move around freely without feeling constricted by restrictive clothing styles that might not fit as well during colder weather seasons such as this one here in New York City today.
2. They’re easy to layer underneath!
Whether it’s another coat or even a scarf or sweater underneath your coat, layering is always a good idea when temperatures start dropping below freezing (or even above).
3. Oversized coats are practical!
These coats have lots of pockets for storing your stuff, so whether you’re going for a walk or just running errands around town, having all those pockets will keep your hands free so you can stay focused on what matters most—having fun!
4. Your oversized coats are versatile!
Oversized coats come in many different styles and colors, so there’s something out there for everyone! Whether it’s a casual look or something more formal (like one with a hood), there’s an oversized coat out there that will complement whatever else you’re wearing without being too matchy-matchy (which we all know can be a little tacky).
5. Oversized coats are warm!
The best thing about oversized coats is that they’re so cozy and warm! They’ll keep you nice and toasty in even the coldest weather, which means you won’t have to worry about being cold or uncomfortable during those long winter months when it’s freezing outside.
5 tips for buying an oversized coat for yourself
If you’re looking for an oversized coat, there’s nothing wrong with being a bit of a fashion risk-taker. But if you want to make sure your investment is worth the price tag, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your purchase:
1. Make sure it fits over your shoulders—no one wants to see a flash of armpit hair when they look at you from behind!
2. Don’t forget about the sleeves! A good oversized coat should be able to cover your wrists and hands when they’re hanging straight down at your sides.
3. Try it on with something close-fitting underneath—you want to make sure it doesn’t feel too loose or too tight over other clothing items that might be worn beneath your coat (like sweaters or button-up shirts). If it feels uncomfortable in this situation, then it’s probably not going to feel great when you wear it over other layers as well!
4. You need pockets! And not just any old pockets—good coats have deep inner pockets where you can store all kinds of important things like keys or wallets (or even small children). Plus, they’ll keep those items warm too!
5. If there’s no zipper closure on the front, then the coat will be hard to put on and take off. This is especially true if it’s a jacket that you’ll need to wear over other layers—you don’t want it getting caught on them or snagging on things as you’re taking it off!
5 quick tips for wearing oversized coats in 2023 or 2024
It’s no secret that oversized coats are in right now. But, like all trends, they won’t last forever. When you’re looking to buy a new coat or are just getting ready to update your wardrobe, there are some things you need to consider when shopping for the perfect oversized coat.
1) Make sure it’s not too long: If you’re going for an oversized look, make sure your coat isn’t dragging on the ground or touching your feet when you walk.
2) Be careful with color: You want something that is going to pair well with other items in your closet, but also something that will be versatile enough for different seasons and occasions.
3) Try on several options before making a purchase: As with any investment piece of clothing, it’s important that you try on several different options before making a final decision about which one is right for you—and remember that it may take time before finding the perfect fit!
4) Consider what kind of fabric is best for your needs: If you live somewhere very cold or snowy (or both), then having an insulated coat might be more important than if you live in an area where milder temperatures are more common throughout most seasons (such as Southern California). This can help you narrow down your search and make it easier to find a coat that will keep you warm during the colder months.
5) Try on several different styles: There are many different types of coats out there, including raincoats, trench coats, peacoats and parkas—and each one has its own unique style. You should also look at how the fit feels on your body and whether it’s comfortable or not; if not, then try another option!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!