Jeans are a staple in any wardrobe, whether they’re ripped or not. We’ve been wearing them for years—and they don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
But what about our favorite pair of ripped jeans? Are they going out of style in 2023?
Well, we asked an expert on the matter—a fashion guru who has been around the block and back again with all things fashion—and she had some interesting things to say about it.
What do ripped jeans look like?
Ripped jeans are a form of denim that offers a distressed look, with a hole or hole-like area in the material. They are more popular amongst younger audiences, and can be found in many different styles and colors.
Are Ripped Jeans Going Out of Style In 2023?
Ripped jeans are a staple of the urban style. They’re cool and casual, but also a touch edgy—which is exactly what young people are looking for in their clothing. But are they going out of style in 2023?
If you look at the fashion trends that have been popular over the past few decades, you’ll see that ripped jeans have been around for quite some time. In fact, they first became popular in the mid-2000s when designers started incorporating them into their collections.
Nowadays you can find ripped jeans on almost every celebrity—and even some people who aren’t celebrities! In fact, there are so many different ways to wear this style that it’s hard to imagine it ever going out of style.
But there is one thing we know about fashion: it changes constantly! So while it might seem like ripped jeans have been around forever… maybe not so much! Maybe they’ll be replaced by something else just as cool and casual soon enough!
Why are Ripped Jeans Never Go Out of Style?
1. They’re comfortable: Ripped jeans are just about the most comfortable pair of jeans you can wear, and they’re not just for the summer. They keep your legs cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And if you get cold, all you need to do is put on a pair of leggings or some thermal underwear underneath them and you’ll be set!
2. They’re stylish: A lot of people think ripped jeans are only for grunge rocker types, but that’s not true at all! They’re perfect for any occasion—even formal events! Just make sure they match your outfit and your attitude, and you’ll be good to go!
3. They have an infinite number of looks: You can wear them with anything from t-shirts to sweaters, hoodies to vests, sneakers or boots—the possibilities are endless! Just make sure whatever other items you choose to complement your ripped jeans’ style!
4. They come in an incredible variety of colors and washes: Whether you want light denim or dark denim; black or gray; faded or distressed; there’s literally a pair out there for every taste (and budget). So whether you want something basic or something more unique, there’s a pair of ripped jeans out there for you!
5. They’ll last forever (literally). You can wear them for years without having to replace them because the rips won’t get bigger or smaller over time like other parts of the pants might do (like the knees).
When will ripped jeans go out of style?
We have a few ideas!
1. When the world ends and we all stop caring about fashion
2. When dinosaurs come back from extinction and we can finally stop having to make sure our pants don’t have holes in them
3. When we start seeing more women in ripped jeans
4. When the perfect pair of ripped jeans is invented, and it’s so good that you’re always wearing them and never need another pair of pants
Let us talk more:
The answer is… never.
Ripped jeans are here to stay, and we’re pretty sure they always will be. They’re comfortable, they’re flattering, they can take you from day to night and back again—and they look great with literally any shoe you want to wear them with (with the exception of sandals). Plus, they’re one of the easiest ways to look cool without trying too hard. So why would we want them to go out of style?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on ripped jeans too—are you a fan? Would you rock them in every single color? Let us know in the comments below!
How long will the ripped jeans trend last?
It’s hard to predict how long a trend will last, but we have a few ideas.
First, it’s important to note that this ripped jeans trend is still going strong. We can tell because we’ve been seeing it everywhere: on the runways, in magazines, and on our favorite celebrities. That said, it feels like there are some signs that the trend may be losing steam. For example, there was an explosion of ripped jeans sales around Christmas time last year and early this year—but recently those sales have started to decline again.
We think that this trend will continue for the rest of this year and into 2023—but by 2024 or 2025, we expect most people will go back to wearing their old pairs of jeans without any holes in them!
10 tips for wearing ripped jeans in 2023
- First things first, make sure your ripped jeans fit you right! No one wants to be constantly pulling them up all day or be stuck with a saggy butt situation.
- Want to dress up your ripped jeans? Easy peasy. Just throw on a fancy blouse, blazer, and heels to make it look like you actually put effort into your outfit (when really, you just want to be comfy).
- For those days when you’re feeling lazy, just go for a monochromatic look. All black? Yes, please! It’s like a safety blanket for your fashion choices.
- Want to layer up but don’t want to look like the Michelin man? Layer a sweater, leather jacket, or coat over your ripped jeans to add some texture and warmth. And voila! You’re now a master of layering.
- Accessories can make or break your outfit, so don’t forget to add a statement piece to your ripped jeans outfit. A funky hat or a chunky necklace can take your outfit from zero to hero in no time.
- To mix things up, try pairing your ripped jeans with a top made of a different texture, like silk or velvet. It’s like a tactile experience for your skin.
- If in doubt, go for black. Black ripped jeans are always in style and can be dressed up or down depending on your mood. Plus, they’re super slimming (always a bonus!).
- Love denim? Try the denim-on-denim look. Just pair your ripped jeans with a denim jacket to create the ultimate laid-back vibe. You’ll look like you’re ready to hop on a motorcycle and ride off into the sunset.
- Want to show off your cute ankle boots? Pair them with your ripped jeans! They’re a match made in fashion heaven and will make your legs look miles long.
- Most importantly, wear your ripped jeans with confidence. Own your style and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. After all, fashion is all about expressing yourself and having fun!
In conclusion, ripped jeans are not going out of fashion anytime soon. In fact, they’ve been a staple for so long that we think it’s safe to say that they’ll be around forever. So if you’re looking for a new pair of pants to wear this spring and summer and you don’t have any ripped jeans in your closet, it’s time to go shopping!
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!