The skinny jean is a classic look that’s been around for decades. But are they out of style in 2024?
In this post, we will answer your questions and analyze why skinny jeans are still popular.
Then We will teach you how to find the perfect one for you and some tips for wearing it!
What do skinny jeans look like?
You may have heard the term “skinny jeans” thrown around by teens or fashion bloggers, but what do they look like? Well, these are the things that make skinny jeans stand out:
1. They’re tight on your legs. Skinny jeans hug your legs, which makes them feel like they’re a second skin.
2. They’re very fitted around the waist and the butt. The waistband will probably be high-waisted and the back pockets will be lower than usual so that it doesn’t stretch out too much when you sit down—skinny jeans were made for sitting!
3. If you’re wearing them with heels or boots, they’ll probably be tight around your ankles as well!
Are Skinny Jeans Out Of Style in 2024?
We don’t think so. We think they’re just going to be a little different than they were in 2019.
What we’ve learned from years of watching trends is that when it comes to fashion, there’s no such thing as “out.” You can’t just say something is out—you have to make it out. And when you make something out, you have to take it to the next level—and that’s what we’re seeing with skinny jeans in 2024.
Skinny jeans are still going strong this year, but they’re also evolving: they’re getting more comfortable, more colorful, and more versatile. They’re taking on new silhouettes and textures that couldn’t have existed before now—they’re making their own trends!
In other words: skinny jeans are out… and then back in again (and again). They might not be for everyone, but we think everyone should have at least one pair in their closet.
Why Skinny Jeans are still in Style in 2024?
- The first reason is that skinny jeans can be worn with almost anything.
You can wear them with a tee shirt or a dressy top, depending on your mood and outfit choice of the day. They will look good with both types of tops because they are form-fitting to your body shape as well as flattering on any body type whether you’re short or tall or curvy or slim (or in between). They also go well with sneakers or heels so they are great for casual or dressier occasions alike!
- The second reason is that skinny jeans make you look taller
because of how fitted they are right above your ankle bone area which makes your legs appear longer than they actually may be natural if you don’t wear them often enough like me (haha!). These days everyone wants to feel taller and skinny jeans will do that for you!
- The third reason is that they are versatile, like I said before.
Whether it’s a cold day and you want to wear a nice pair of cashmere-lined leggings underneath your skinny jeans or if it’s hot and humid outside and you need something breathable, denim has got you covered.
- The fourth reason is that they are super flattering, as well.
If you have a problem area in your body like I do (my tummy), skinny jeans will make that part of your body look smaller and more toned than it actually is.
- The fifth reason is that they are comfortable.
If you’re looking for a pair of jeans that will look good on your body, but also feel good to wear, then denim is the way to go.
Why Skinny Jeans are not for everyone?
After all, if you’ve got a body like Beyoncé’s, you can wear anything and look amazing. But the rest of us? We need to be careful about the style choices we make.
If you’ve got a big butt, skinny jeans can make it look even bigger—and that’s not what most women want. If you’re trying to slim down your thighs and calves, they’ll help with that—but only if they’re fitted correctly.
And finally, if you don’t have the right body shape for skinny jeans, it can make your legs look stumpy and awkward (unless you’re at least 5’10”).
5 Tips for finding the right skinny jeans for you
Finding the right skinny jeans online is almost as challenging as finding a pair of jeans that actually fit. But don’t give up!
Here are our five best tips for finding the perfect pair:
1. Try them on first, then order them online. Don’t just rely on the sizing chart—go to your local store and try on a few pairs of jeans from different brands to see which ones feel best. Then, when you know exactly what you’re looking for, order them online where there’s more selection and less pressure to buy something that doesn’t fit perfectly.
2. Pay attention to details like length and rise height when buying online so you can ensure they’ll be exactly what you want when they arrive in the mail or at your doorstep (and aren’t too long or too short). If a pair looks like it might be too short in the photo but you love everything else about it, ask if they come in another length option before ordering (or go ahead and order both).
3. Look for jeans made out of stretchy materials like cotton/spandex blends or denim with elastane added into their weave so they’ll conform better to your body’s shape—it sounds obvious but sometimes people forget how important this is!
4. Make sure the waist is high enough to sit on your hips (not your belly) so that you don’t have any gaping holes around there—if it gapes a little, that’s fine but don’t buy anything where you can see straight through to your skin.
5. Try on different styles of jeans—boot cut, flare leg, skinny fit, etc.—to see which ones look best on you and how they fit into your wardrobe overall.
5 Quick Tips for wearing the skinny jeans
1. Try a pair of skinny jeans that are slightly bigger than your usual size. This will make them more comfortable and allow them to drape properly.
2. Don’t wear loose tops or sweaters with skinny jeans, as this will make you look out of proportion. Instead, opt for garments that show off the shape of the trousers, like a shirt draped over your shoulders or a high-waisted skirt with a fitted top.
3. If you’re worried about looking too short in skinny jeans, wear heels with them—they’ll lengthen your legs and make them look more proportional to the rest of your body!
4. If you’re self-conscious about showing off too much leg when wearing skinny jeans, try tucking in a tee shirt underneath your outerwear so that it covers up any exposed skin at the bottom of your pants (this also helps keep them from bunching up).
5. If all else fails and you just can’t get comfortable in those tight-fitting trousers? Try switching over to a more forgiving silhouette like wide-legged flares or bootcut jeans instead!
Skinny jeans are still in style, and they will be for years to come.
If you’re looking for a new pair of skinny jeans, we recommend you go with a classic dark wash. They’re always flattering and can be dressed up or down depending on your look.
Whether you’re wearing them in 2024 or 2050, we’re sure that skinny jeans will never be out of style!
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!