Tiered dresses are all the rage right now. They’re everywhere you look, and for good reason: they’re just so cool and flattering!
Whether you’re looking to find a tiered dress for your next event or just want to know what’s in style these days, we’ve got all the info you need right here.
We’ll tell you why tiered dresses are so popular and why they’ll probably continue to be hot items in 2023. (Spoiler alert: it’s because they make everyone look like a million bucks!) We’ll also give you some tips on how to buy and style your own tiered dress so that you can nail it every time.
About Tiered dresses
Tiered dresses are dresses with multiple layers of fabric that create a tiered or ruffled effect.
These dresses can have two or more tiers, each layer getting wider towards the bottom. The layers can be made from the same or different materials, and the dress can be fitted or loose.
When worn, tiered dresses create a beautiful, flowy effect that moves with the wearer’s body. The layers give the dress volume and movement, making it perfect for twirling and dancing. Tiered dresses can be worn for a variety of occasions, from casual outings to more formal events. They are particularly popular for outdoor events like weddings, where the flowing layers can add a romantic, ethereal touch to the overall look.
The history of tiered dresses can be traced back to the 19th century, when they were a popular choice for women’s dresses. At that time, the tiers were made from layers of gathered fabric, creating a very full, voluminous skirt. Over time, the style evolved, and today’s tiered dresses come in a wide variety of styles, materials, and shapes.
Are Tiered Dresses in Style in 2023
Tiered dresses are in style, and they’ve been getting more and more popular since 2021.
Look at how Google Trends shows that interest in tiered dresses has peaked in 2021 and 2022:
In addition to Google Trends, a quick search on Pinterest will show you that there are a ton of people who are currently making or wearing tiered dresses. This means that if you want to wear a tiered dress, you’ve got plenty of inspiration at your fingertips!
Why Are Tiered Dresses Still in Style in 2023?
Tiered dresses are still in style in 2023, and we’re here to tell you why.
1. It’s easy to dress up or down a tiered dress
If you want to go out and have people think you’re dressed up, a tiered dress is perfect. If you want to stay home and still feel like you look great, a tiered dress can do that too. The best part about it is that it looks great no matter what you’re doing or where you’re going!
2. Tiered dresses are timeless
If you’re looking for something that will last through the ages and always be stylish, look no further than a tiered dress. These beauties have been around since the early 1900s (and even earlier!) and they just keep getting better with age!
3. You can customize your own tiered dress
Whether it’s adding sleeves or changing the length of the skirt, there are so many ways to customize your own dress that it’ll feel like a brand new piece every time! You don’t have to settle for what’s on the rack—customize it yourself!
4. Tiered dresses are classic
No matter what the trend may be, you can always count on a tiered dress to be in style. These timeless beauties will never go out of style because they’re so versatile! Wear them with flats if you want something more casual or go all out with heels and jewelry for a night on the town.
5. They make you feel like a princess!
That’s right: no matter how old you are or what size you wear, if you put on a tiered dress, you’ll feel like royalty!
Cons of wearing Tiered Dresses
1. You can’t wear them with a belt
2. They’re not as flattering on everyone—and on those who are curvy, they can look unflattering
3. They’re more work to care for than other types of clothing
Tips for buying Tiered Dresses for yourself
1. Have fun with it—Tiered dresses are super fun to wear and can be super versatile in how you style them!
2. Wear the right shoes—You don’t want to wear heels with a tiered dress if you’re going to be standing or walking around all day, so keep that in mind when picking out your shoes!
3. Choose classic pieces—If you’re going with a tiered dress, choose pieces that are more classic and simple in style so they don’t clash with the tiers of the dress.
4. Find the perfect fit—Even if you have a bigger bust or hips, finding a tiered dress that fits well will help make sure that everything stays in place without having to constantly adjust yourself throughout the day.
5. Make sure it’s comfortable—You’ll be wearing this dress for hours at a time, so make sure it’s something that feels good on your body! If it doesn’t feel good on your body, then it probably won’t look as good either since there will be less movement from your body underneath the layers of fabric which could disrupt how they sit on top of each other (or even cause some wrinkles).
There are many online stores that sell tiered dresses, ranging from fast fashion retailers to more upscale boutiques. Here are five online stores that offer a great selection of tiered dresses:
- ASOS – ASOS is a popular online fashion retailer that offers a wide range of clothing, shoes, and accessories. They have a great selection of tiered dresses in different styles, materials, and lengths.
- Free People – Free People is a bohemian-inspired fashion brand that offers a range of clothing, accessories, and home decor. They have a great selection of tiered dresses with a relaxed, boho vibe.
- Reformation – Reformation is a sustainable fashion brand that offers a range of stylish and eco-friendly clothing. They have a great selection of tiered dresses in different materials, including linen, cotton, and silk.
- Nordstrom – Nordstrom is a department store that offers a wide range of clothing, shoes, and accessories from various designers and brands. They have a great selection of tiered dresses in different styles, including casual, formal, and everything in between.
- Anthropologie – Anthropologie is a lifestyle brand that offers a range of clothing, home decor, and accessories with a bohemian-inspired aesthetic. They have a great selection of tiered dresses in different prints, patterns, and materials.
6 quick tips for styling Tiered Dresses in 2023
1. Tiered Dresses are a versatile look that can be worn in so many ways. The key is to start with a base layer and then layer on the tiers until you find the look that works for you. You can wear a Tiered Dress with a cute tank top or even just under a blazer if you want to keep it more casual.
2. If you’re looking for something more formal, try pairing your Tiered Dress with some chunky heels and jewelry for an evening out. This will let everyone know that you mean business!
3. A little bit of shine never hurt anyone, especially when it comes to Tiered Dresses! Try pairing one with a pair of black tights and some patent leather shoes for a super cool look that’s sure to turn heads in the office or at school.
4. If you’re looking for a laid-back look, try pairing your Tiered Dress with some cute sandals and a denim jacket for a day in the sun.
5. Try pairing one of our Tiered Dresses with some bright colored tights and fun shoes for an adorable casual look that’s perfect for school or work!
6. If you’re feeling adventurous, tie one on as a belt to add some flair to any outfit!
If you’re looking for a fashion trend that is in style and will be for years to come, tiered dresses are a great choice. They can be dressed up or down, depending on how you wear them. They are versatile enough to work in almost any setting. If you want to keep up with the times, tiered dresses are the way to go!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!