Have you ever wondered if guys like high-waisted bikinis?
I know I have. I mean, I love them—they’re so cute and flattering, and they make me feel really secure in my body.
But do guys like them? Is it weird if I wear one? Should I wear one? Will my boyfriend think it’s weird if he sees me in a bikini with high-waisted bottoms?
These are all questions that have run through my head before. And now, I’ve got the answers to all of them!
5 features of high-waisted bikinis
1. High-waisted bikinis are a great choice if you’re looking for more coverage and support, and they can also help hide any tummy issues.
2. High-waisted bikinis are perfect if you want to show off your legs in style.
3. High-waisted bikinis are also ideal for those who have curvier hips and thighs—they provide extra coverage without having to buy a larger size or cut it down yourself (which can be risky).
4. The high waist means that less fabric is around your midsection, so there’s less opportunity for the material to shift around or bunch up—which means fewer chances for embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions!
5. If you have really long hair, high-waisted bikinis are a good option because they won’t get tangled up in your locks as easily!
Do guys like high-waisted bikinis?
We’ve all been there: you’re on vacation and you want to look cute in your new two-piece, but you’re worried about how it’ll look on your body.
Will it make me look fat? Is it too much coverage? Am I going to look like one of those girls who doesn’t own a real bikini?
We don’t have all the answers, but we do know that if you’re asking these questions, chances are good that you’re not alone.
And we also know that there’s nothing wrong with liking high-waisted bikinis!
They can be really flattering and flattering to any body type—and they’re great for protecting your sensitive areas from harmful sun exposure.
We think the only thing that matters is whether or not you feel confident in what you wear—and if a high-waisted bikini makes you feel amazing (or if it doesn’t), then go for it!
If you’re not as confident about your body and want to avoid showing too much skin, then you should get a hipster bikini instead.
Hipster bikinis are designed for women who aren’t comfortable showing off too much skin.
This type of bikini generally has a lower rise on the sides and higher rise in the front and back—it covers more of your hips than other styles do, which makes it perfect if you’re self-conscious about your hips or butt.
Why do guys like high-waisted bikinis?
If you’re a woman, there’s a good chance that you’ve heard of the high-waisted bikini.
You might have even tried one. But what is it about this style that makes it so popular?
You might be surprised to learn that there are a few reasons why guys like high-waisted bikinis.
- The first reason is that they look great on women.
- The second reason is that the high-waisted style can accentuate your waistline, which is an attractive feature for men.
- The third reason is that the high-waisted style will make you feel confident about showing off your body.
4 Tips for wearing high-waisted bikinis
1. Look for one that is comfortable.
- Look for one that is comfortable.
- Bikinis made from itchy or uncomfortable material can ruin your beach day, so make sure to do a bit of research before purchasing a new swimsuit.
- The best way to ensure that you’re buying a high-waisted bikini that will be comfortable is by trying on different sizes, styles and brands until you find one that fits well.
2. Consider your shape
If you’re looking for a way to accentuate your curves, a high-waisted bikini can be a perfect choice.
The extra coverage of the waist helps create shape without showing off too much skin.
If you have a smaller waist, don’t be afraid to try out these bikinis! You’ll just need to find one that uses an elastic band around the top instead of drawstrings.
For many women, especially those with larger chests, wearing halter tops or strappy tankinis might seem like an attractive choice when it comes time to pick out a swimsuit.
However, if you aren’t happy with how much they show off your chest area then consider going with something more conservative such as a high-waisted bikini top because it will help camouflage any areas where additional padding might be needed while still making sure everything stays covered up properly!
3. Have the bottoms tailored if necessary.
- Choose the right size. When you’re shopping for a high-waisted bikini, make sure that you buy one that’s big enough to fit you properly. The bottoms should be loose enough so they don’t slide down when you walk or swim, but tight enough so that they won’t fall off in the water. If your bottoms are too big, try to find another style with larger coverage over the butt and thighs—or else use some fabric tape on top of the seams where they meet at your waistline to help keep them up.
- Choose between two styles: scrunchy or skirted. The scrunchy style has no built-in ruffles or pleats; it just sits above your hipbones with no folding anywhere else along its length (which means no extra fabric to hide under). The skirted variety has plenty of folds from top to bottom—so much so that there might be some bulging around your waist if this type doesn’t fit properly! This would be especially noticeable if you’re wearing an especially small size (less than 2 inches wide) without any reinforcement from adhesive strips/tape/whatever method comes into play here…but even then it’ll eventually give way as long as nothing gets caught inside!
4. Be conscious of it when you are bathing and sunning.
You don’t want to be like this guy:
- Be careful in the water! The water can make the elastic waistband snap, and your bikini will fall off. This is a bad thing because you’ll have to walk around with your high-waisted bottoms wrapped around your head like an Egyptian mummy for the rest of the day. And I’m sure that’s not how you want strangers staring at your backside all afternoon.
- Be careful when changing! Don’t be afraid of ripping apart as soon as you reach down there to pull off your bikini bottom—it might happen anyway—but if it does, just accept it gracefully (not literally).
So, do guys like high-waisted bikinis? The answer is yes.
I started this blog to find out if men would prefer a woman in a high-waisted bikini, just because it’s different.
I was curious about what the men would say and how they would react.
But I think that you can’t really judge whether or not something is sexy until you try it on yourself.
And after trying one on, I can tell you that yes, guys do like high-waisted bikinis!
I’ve now been able to experience what it feels like when a man looks at me in a different way than he would look at someone else wearing a low-rise bikini. It’s empowering and exciting!
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!