Low-rise jeans are the hottest trend in fashion and are here to stay!
This guide will teach you how to style low-rise jeans in 2023.
You’ll learn everything from how to find the perfect pair of low-rise jeans, what colors and styles go best with them, and why they’re such a good investment for people of all sizes.
1. Wear a loose-fitting top for a casual vibe.
If you’re going for a casual look, then you should wear a loose-fitting top.
The best way to accomplish this is by keeping the top’s length short and avoiding any extra detailing that might make the entire outfit look too busy.
For example, avoid wearing long scarves or chunky jewelry with your low-rise jeans.
2. Make it modern with fitted tops.
Try adding a fitted top.
Low-rise jeans traditionally come with a bit of flexibility in the waistline, but most people will still want to wear them with something that you can tuck in or leave untucked.
If you’re going to wear a shirt or blouse under your low-rise jeans, it’s best to choose one that fits your body—and one that doesn’t billow out toward the bottom.
You don’t want the silhouette of the shirt making your pants look even shorter than they are!
- A cropped tank top or camisole (that you’ve tucked into) will show off those beautiful lines and make this trend easy as pie
- A slouchy sweater tucked into high-waisted bottoms gives off that ’90s grunge vibes we’ve all been craving since forever (and even longer).
3. Crop tops are always a good idea.
When pairing your low-rise jeans with a crop top, you can show off any part of your body that you want to highlight.
The most popular way is to highlight the waistline, which is where the crop top ends.
This look also works well for showing off shoulders and arms as well.
However, if you want to go even further than that, then showing off your legs will work great too!
4. Highlight the waist with a belt.
When you want to highlight the waist of your low-rise jeans, a belt is a great way to do so. But if you’re wearing low-rise jeans and a belt, there are some rules for how to wear it well.
First, make sure the belt is the right size for your waist. If it’s too big or too small, it will look out of place and throw off the rest of your outfit.
Next, don’t wear the belt too tight: You want it to fit comfortably around your waist without straining against the fabric of your pants or shirt but not so loose that it hangs down past where it should be (that means no gaps!).
Thirdly—and most importantly—don’t go overboard with accessories like rings or bracelets; one ring per hand should suffice as long as they don’t distract from what’s going on at hand (i.e., making sure everything fits together just right).
5. Add some personal style with accessories.
Accessories can be used to add personality to an outfit, draw attention to a particular area of the outfit or balance out a look.
Accessories can also be used to draw attention to certain parts of your body and make you feel confident about yourself.
If you want people’s eyes drawn down towards your legs for example, wearing boots will make them do just that!
6. Choose the right shoes to make your silhouette look more proportional.
When it comes to choosing the right shoes for low-rise jeans, you need to keep one thing in mind: your outfit’s silhouette.
If your look is casual, choose a pair of sneakers or boots; if it’s more formal, go with heels or pumps; and if it’s very casual, select sandals or boat shoes.
7. Don’t be afraid to play with proportions by going for an oversized jacket.
There’s nothing we love more than a good visual pun, especially when it comes in the form of a stylish outfit that takes advantage of the latest trends (and our own love of shopping).
Here are some examples of how you can style low-rise jeans:
- Choose something that suits your personal aesthetic. If you like denim jackets, try pairing one with your favorite pair of cutoff shorts or distressed jeans. If you’re feeling bolder, go for the look we’ve coined “the jeanjacket.” This is best achieved by wearing a denim jacket over your low-rise jean shorts or distressed jeans—but really anything goes here!
- Don’t be afraid to go big and bold with your accessories as well! A large belt buckle will help draw attention down toward your waistline while adding contrast and interest—and who doesn’t want that?
8. Go for a simple look with a neutrally-colored shirt
If you’re ready to make the move from high-waisted jeans to low-rise, then we have some advice for you: don’t be afraid to go simple.
Low-rise jeans are known for being a little more casual than their high-rise counterparts.
That’s why it makes sense that when you’re choosing a top, you should choose one that doesn’t draw too much attention.
A simple T-shirt or button-down shirt is perfect for this look—you’ll want something that has the same color as your jeans and won’t distract from the simplicity of the outfit.
9. Wear one of the denim top trends over your jeans
If you love the way low-rise jeans look on you, but want to add some variety to your wardrobe, try this trick: Shop for a denim top that also hits at or below your hips. Then, layer it over your low-rise jeans!
This will give you a new look without having to buy an entirely new wardrobe.
It’s an easy way to elevate your look without going overboard—and it’s a great way to feel confident in what you’re wearing without spending too much time worrying about what other people think about how you look.
In conclusion, it’s easy to see how this look can be adapted to fit your own personal style.
Whether you love experimenting with new trends or prefer to stick with what works best for you, styling low-rise jeans is not only fun but also very versatile.
So don’t be afraid; just try out some different combinations until you find something that works!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!