High-waisted jeans are an iconic part of the fashion world.
They’re on trend right now, and they can make you look slimmer with just one garment.
But wearing high-waisted jeans can be tricky if you don’t know how to style them correctly.
Fortunately, I’ve got some tips for you!
1. Wear a crop top
No matter what your body shape, you should look to wear crop tops with high-waisted jeans. It’s just how they were meant to be worn!
If you’re feeling bold, try pairing your cropped top with a pair of high-waisted shorts or leggings.
And if that’s not enough for you, there are also high waist jumpsuits out there waiting to be worn with some stylish crops
2. Try not to cover your waist with too many layers.
This year, you can take advantage of the high-waisted trend by showing off your waist with a shirt or sweater that fits well.
If you are looking for more ways to show off your figure without covering up your outfit too much, consider adding some accessories like bracelets or necklaces around your hips (just above where they’re cinched).
Belt buckles can also be used as accents — just make sure they aren’t too big since this makes other parts of the outfit look smaller than intended by comparison!
3. Use accessories to bring in the waistline.
For those of you who want to wear your high-waisted jeans but still want to show off your body, accessories can help.
Accessories can draw attention to the waistline and away from any unwanted bulges, so try wearing jewelry that runs along the top of your outfit (necklace, choker) or opt for a belt that is closer to the belly button.
Take a look at this outfit below. The woman’s legs are brought forward with heels and then everything else is drawn up by using various accessories:
- A chunky necklace draws attention upwards towards her neckline, making it appear longer than it actually is
- A headband in matching colors makes her face look smaller while also drawing attention upwards towards her eyes
- A belt around her hips brings all eyes down and away from any flaws she may have around there
4. Be careful about pairing high-waisted jeans with other high-waisted items.
If you’re wearing a pair of high-waisted jeans, don’t wear another piece of clothing that is also high-waisted.
You want your outfits to be as balanced as possible.
Don’t wear a pair of high-waisted pants with another piece that is also high-waisted.
The same goes for skirts and shorts—they should all be considered equally low and/or mid-rise on the waistband or belt line.
5. Boxier tops fit better with high-waisted jeans than tighter ones.
If you’re wearing a tighter top, the best thing to do is avoid showing too much cleavage.
This will keep your outfit looking tasteful, and it also means that people can focus on your high-waisted jeans instead of your chest.
Boxier tops are more forgiving than tight ones, which means that they’ll look better with high-waisted jeans.
The boxy shape also makes them more comfortable and stylish—and sometimes even more affordable!
6. Always wear a belt if you can’t button your jeans for any reason.
If your waist is slimmer than your hips, it’s a good idea to wear a belt.
A low-rise jean with a belt will give the appearance that your waist is smaller than it actually is, and create an hourglass figure.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you have wider hips and narrow thighs like I do, wearing a high-rise jean with suspenders will make them look smaller while also drawing attention away from my tummy area.
7. You Should get the right size pants.
If you’re going to invest in a pair of high-waisted jeans, you should make sure they fit properly.
Make sure the waistband sits comfortably at your natural waistline; if it’s too tight, it will feel restrictive and uncomfortable—and if it sits too low on your hips, it might be difficult to sit down in them!
You also want to make sure the leg opening isn’t too tight or loose.
A good rule of thumb: If there’s more than an inch of fabric around each thigh when wearing them, they may be too wide for your liking.
If there’s less space between their top edge and your body than their bottom edge (which is where they’ll hit on all but the skinniest people), then these jeans are likely uncomfortably tight around thighs and calves as well.
8. Tucking in your shirt makes your high-waisted jeans
Tucking in a shirt is the best way to make your high-waisted jeans look more intentional, as well as flattering and put together.
When a shirt is untucked, it can make you look unkempt and sloppy.
By tucking your shirt into high-waisted jeans, you are making it much more apparent that these are intentional wardrobe choices made for style rather than comfort.
In order for this look to work, though, make sure that the top of your shirts isn’t too long—as the point is to show off some leg along with those flattering high-waisted pants!
Main Takeaway from this post!
If you want to wear high-waist jeans, there are a few r tips that will help you do so without looking like your mom.
- Wear a crop top: If you’re going to wear high-waisted pants, then make sure they’re also paired with something that keeps the attention up top. A crop top is essential for drawing attention away from your legs and onto your face, where it should be!
- Avoid covering too much of your waist: Although high-waisted jeans are supposed to emphasize the natural waistline, don’t hide all of it with other layers or long tops (unless it’s deliberate). Make sure some skin is showing at the bottom of any shirt or jacket you pair them with—even if just an inch or two above where they hit on the body!
- Use accessories: Some accessories can draw attention away from other parts of our bodies while simultaneously bringing focus back towards our faces and chest area where we naturally want people’s eyes focused when talking to us.”
We hope these tips have helped you find the best way to be comfortable in your high-waisted jeans.
They can be hard to wear, but with a little knowledge and some creativity, anyone can pull off this trend.
Even better? You’ll look great doing it!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!