High-waisted shorts are here to stay. The trend has been spotted on celebrities, influencers, and social media stars alike, and it’s clear that the high-waisted look is here to stay.
But how do you wear it? What type of top should you wear with high-waisted shorts? And what shoes do you pair them with?
In this article, we’ll answer all these questions and more. We’ll discuss everything from what tops work best with high-waisted shorts to the best places to buy them online.
You’ll be able to find the perfect outfit for your next date night or girls’ night out in no time!
Wear a loose tank with high-waisted shorts.
A loose tank top is a good choice because it’s easy to wear.
Tank tops are also a good choice because they’re easy to layer, and the high-waisted shorts help make sure that bulky layers don’t look too bulky.
You can dress up this outfit with heels or keep it casual with sneakers.
Wear a button-down with high-waisted shorts.
- Wear a button-down with high-waisted shorts.
- Button-downs are one of the most versatile items in your closet, because they can be dressed up or down and layered easily. For example, if you’re going to work but want to look more casual than your usual buttoned-up shirt and tie combo, don’t worry—a simple polo will do! You can also add accessories like a scarf or watch depending on the weather.
If you’re going out for drinks after work or heading straight from an office meeting straight into an evening event, it’s easy to throw on a blazer over your button-down for some extra polish!
Just make sure that whatever color scarf you choose works with both pieces: red prints will help it pop against black wool; white looks great against navy blue jackets; bright blues pair well with gray sweaters (just remember not to go overboard).
Wear a T-shirt with high-waisted shorts.
- Wear a T-shirt with high-waisted shorts.
- Make sure your t-shirt is loose but not tight. Loose means it should not be skin tight and should hang off your body like a tunic, just below your waistline. The longer the better! A short t-shirt will show the shape of your bum and make you look shorter than you actually are. Just make sure it doesn’t bunch up around your waist because that could create some unflattering folds in fabric that may lead to visible cellulite on your thighs!
- Pick a bright color for optimum confidence-boosting vibes: pink, yellow or orange are great options if you want to show off some personality; however if these colors aren’t really ‘you’ then any bold color will do – just make sure it makes an impact!
- A soft fabric is key because this type of garment is designed to sit close to the body so try not to choose anything too thick or heavy as it will feel stiflingly hot on those hot summer days when wearing shorts seems like an impossible feat!
Wear a crop top with high-waisted shorts.
A crop top is a great option for showing off your midriff.
A cropped top is also an excellent choice for showing off a tan, waist, shoulders or arms.
If you want to go with a longer crop top and have it hit at the upper thigh area of your high-waisted shorts then that’s fine too!
Wear an off-the-shoulder blouse with high-waisted shorts.
The off-the-shoulder blouse is a perfect option to wear with high-waisted shorts.
This look can be a little tricky to pull off, so we suggest you choose a simple blouse that doesn’t have too much going on.
Keep it plain and simple, or try wearing an ornate necklace as the focal point.
If you want to make your outfit even more interesting and unique, then accessorize with some statement earrings or a bright bag!
If you’re not feeling quite so daring, try pairing your off-the-shoulder top with some boho-chic jewelry like tassels or chokers for a more subtle look.
To finish this look up we’d recommend adding some cute wedges or sandals (depending on the weather) along with nude lipstick and full lashes for extra drama!
Wear a vest with high-waisted shorts.
Vests are another great piece that can be worn with high-waisted shorts.
They’re great because they can be worn over or under a top, which means you can easily change up your look by adding in a vest.
Vests come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can wear them year round.
In the summertime, vests are ideal for transitioning from hot to cool weather.
They’re usually lightweight and easy to pack for traveling too!
You could pair one with any crop top or tank top if you want some added coverage on your torso area during warm weather months; however, if it gets chilly outside (or even indoors), then just throw on that vest over whatever shirt is being worn today!
Wear a peplum top with high-waisted shorts.
Peplum tops are a good option because they are flattering, comfortable and easy to wear.
Peplum tops are a good option because they are flattering.
Peplum tops create an hourglass shape, which gives you a slimmer waistline and makes your butt look better.
They also help balance out any problem areas on your body—like if you have wide hips but small boobs, or vice versa.
Peplum tops are comfortable because there is no tightness around the waist or hips (unlike with jeans).
You can easily move around without worrying about ripping anything! This will help you avoid feeling uncomfortable all day long!
Last but not least: peplums are super easy to wear with high-waisted shorts! All it takes is putting them in place!
Wear a boho top with high-waisted shorts.
If you’re trying to dress up your high-waisted shorts, a boho top is the way to go.
While it looks like something straight out of a magazine, this look is actually pretty easy to achieve—as long as you’re willing to invest in a few pieces.
Boho tops are loose and flowy, usually short-sleeved (or even sleeveless) and embellished with beading or embroidery.
They can also be neutral colors like black or white, which will help keep things looking professional at work.
If you’re wondering how exactly these two styles fit together so well, check out our guide on how to wear them together!
Wear A white tee and gold hoops
- White tee: A white tee is a great basic to have in your closet. It’s versatile and can be worn with many different outfits, including high-waisted shorts.
- Gold hoops: Gold hoops are another accessory that are very versatile and can be worn with many different outfits. They’re a great addition to any wardrobe, especially one with high-waisted shorts!
Wear A single, bold accessory
The best way to make the most of a high-waisted skirt is to wear a single, bold accessory.
The idea is that you want your outfit to look as if it was put together by someone who really knows what they’re doing and has considered every detail in their outfit.
If you do this, you will be wearing clothes that fit well and look stylish without being too flashy or off-putting.
Here are some options for accessories:
- A single statement piece like bold color, pattern or print (like a colorful scarf)
- A belt or bag with interesting hardware or other details
- Shoe that stands out from your shoes (such as sparkly heels)
Wear Waist-cinching belts.
Waist-cinching belts are a great way to add a little extra detail and make your outfit stand out.
A belt can also help emphasize your waist if it’s not as small as you would like (which is often the case).
If you have decided to go for a more casual look with high-waisted shorts, then make sure that the rest of your outfit is relaxed too.
You should avoid wearing anything too tight or fitted otherwise this will look odd in combination with your high-waisted shorts!
From loose tanks to button-downs and even vests, there are plenty of ways to wear your high-waisted shorts.
Just make sure that when you’re shopping for this look, you grab a pair in a good length for your body type and don’t forget about all the accessories you can add to complete the outfit!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!