Black jeans are a staple item in every fashionista’s wardrobe, but have you ever wondered if they’re in style?
Well, we have! And we’re going to tell you what we’ve found out.
We did some research and found that black jeans are still very much in fashion. In fact, there are even some new styles and trends that are making them more popular than ever before. But don’t just take our word for it—read on to find out what the experts had to say about black jeans in 2023.
We will also share some reasons why black jeans are popular and how to find a perfect black pair of jeans. Keep reading.
What are black jeans?
Black jeans are a staple in every woman’s wardrobe.
They’re the perfect go-to piece for when you don’t know what to wear, and they look good with just about anything. But where did this iconic pair of pants come from?
The first pair of black jeans was made by Levi Strauss & Co. in 1873 and were called “XX.”
They were designed for miners because they were sturdy enough to withstand their daily activities, but also lightweight enough that they wouldn’t weigh them down or make them hot.
The fabric was also made from raw cotton instead of jean material, so it didn’t stretch out easily and was durable enough to last through many washings.
are black jeans in style in 2023?
We’ve all been there. You’re at the mall, or the flea market, or maybe even a thrift store and you spot it: a pair of black jeans so dark and rich you can’t help but reach for them. You try them on, and they’re so comfortable that you almost feel like you’re wearing pajamas.
You love them! But then your friend asks if they’re in style. And you wonder: are black jeans in style in 2023?
Black denim has been around for a long time, but the trend has gone through peaks and valleys over the years.
Right now, it looks like we might be at another peak—which means we need to know if they’re going to be around for another year or two before we commit to buying that $300 pair of designer black jeans (that’s what happened to me last month).
So here’s what I did: I went over to Google Trends and looked up “black jeans” over the past few years (you can do this yourself with any search term at Google Trends. Then I compared it with other keywords like “jeans” and “blue jeans.” And guess what? It looks like black jeans are here to stay.
They’ve been on the rise since 2011, and they’re still going strong.
In fact, they’ve made a comeback in recent years—which means that now is probably not the best time to buy designer black jeans unless you’re feeling really confident about your investment! I’m getting ready for fashion week right now—so I’m definitely feeling confident…
Are black Jeans in Style in the future?
Black jeans are in style right now, but they’re likely only going to be popular for a few years.
The black jean trend is one that comes and goes fairly regularly, and this time it seems like it’s sticking around longer than usual.
It’s possible that black jeans will be around for a while—it’s been a while since we’ve had such an iconic pair of pants, and they’re currently being worn by a lot of celebrities.
Why are black jeans still in style?
If you’re like me, you were probably wondering: why are black jeans still in style?
Well, I did some research and found that there are actually five reasons why black jeans are still the most popular pair of pants around.
1. Black Jeans Are Practical
Black jeans are great for traveling because they don’t wrinkle easily. They also work well as a dressy item because they can be paired with heels and a nice top, or dressed down with sneakers and a t-shirt.
2. Black Jeans Go with Everything
Black jeans go with everything! From dresses to sweaters to blazers, black jeans will match any outfit you throw at them. You can even wear them casually by pairing them with your favorite hoodie!
3. Black Jeans Are Comfortable
Comfort is key when it comes to choosing what clothes you want to wear every day—and black denim offers all the comfort you could ever need in a pair of pants.
It’s soft against your skin, breathable enough so that you don’t feel hot or sweaty during the summer months (or even during winter!), yet warm enough to keep out the cold in the winter.
4. Black Jeans Look Good On Everyone
Black denim is one of those items that can be worn by anyone—no matter your shape or size!
It’s a classic staple that will never go out of style and will always look good on you, no matter what you’re wearing it with or where you’re going.
5 They’re classic.
Black jeans have been around for years—and for good reason!
They’re simple but stylish and versatile enough to be worn with anything from heels to sneakers without looking like you’re trying for too much of either one at once.
Plus, their timelessness means that even when trends come and go over time (as they always do), your favorite pair of black jeans will still be there waiting for you.
6 Tips for choosing black jeans in 2023
Black jeans are an essential part of any closet. They’re the perfect go-to pair, and they’ll never go out of style.
But how do you pick a pair that is both comfortable and flattering?
We’ve got 5 tips for choosing black jeans in 2022:
1. Try them on. Don’t just buy a pair of black jeans because they look good on the model in the catalog or online—they might not fit you as well! You need to try them on before you purchase them so you can be sure they look great on your body type.
2. Find a pair that fits your waist and hips well, but also leaves room for movement (if possible). Your pants should never feel too tight or too loose—they should provide just enough stretch so that they aren’t restrictive but still feel comfortable enough to move around in.
3. Make sure they’re high-quality materials! Black denim is made from cotton fibers that have been dyed black, so make sure that the material isn’t thin or flimsy; it needs to be thick enough for durability and comfortability over time.
4. Look for details like pockets on both sides of your waistband so it’s easy to reach into either pocket without shifting around too much in your pants.
5. Make sure they fit your body type! If you’re short, look for a shorter inseam; if you’re tall, consider a longer one.
6. Try on different styles and cuts of jeans to see what works best for your body type—maybe skinny jeans are more flattering than straight-leg denim or bootcut jeans?
5 quick Tips for Wearing black jeans in 2023
1. Don’t wear black jeans if you’re in a place that has a lot of natural light. If it’s very bright where you are, the contrast between your skin and the jeans will be too much and the look won’t work. Make sure to check the lighting before you decide on what to wear.
2. Black jeans with white sneakers will always be a classic choice, but sometimes it’s good to mix things up! Try grey sneakers or even brown shoes with black denim for a more subtle look.
3. Black jeans look great with any color top, so don’t feel like you have to stick to neutral colors like white or grey! Just make sure that whatever color shirt or blouse you choose doesn’t clash with the color of your jeans—because then they’ll just look mismatched instead of stylishly intentional!
4. If you’re wearing black jeans outside during warmer months (when it might get hot), consider adding some jewelry made from silver or gold plating—like chokers or bracelets—so they’ll reflect light back onto your body and help keep you cool while still looking fashionable at the same time! This is especially helpful if there are no trees nearby where shade might otherwise exist (if it gets really hot, it can be a good idea to wear a hat with an elastic band so that it won’t fly off in the breeze).
5. In general when wearing jeans outside during warmer months (or any month of the year), consider adding accessories like bracelets made from silver or gold plating—like chokers or bracelets—so they’ll reflect light back onto your body and help keep you cool while still looking fashionable at the same time!
Related Reading: What To Wear With Black Jeans On a Night Out? If you are a teenager, this post is for you: What to Wear With Black Jeans for Teenagers in 2022?
There’s no doubt that black jeans are here to stay, but there are trends that will be coming and going as well.
The best way to stay ahead of the curve is to keep an eye on what’s new, and try out new things as they come out.
Don’t be afraid of trends—just make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons.
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!