Are Blazers Still in Style?
You’ve probably been wondering if you should invest in a blazer this season.
To answer your question, the answer is yes! Blazers are still one of the most popular trends in fashion right now.
From designers like Michael Kors to H&M, there are tons of options for blazers that will look great on any body type and fit any budget.
So whether you’re looking for a leather blazer or a denim one, we’ve got you covered!
When did blazers become a thing?
Briefly, in the late 19th century, they were worn by men in the British military. As a result of this association with men, women weren’t allowed to wear them until much later.
But then, in the early 20th century, women started to adopt other elements of men’s fashion—like pants and shorts—into their wardrobes. Blazers were one of these items. And as women began to wear them more often, they became associated with professional clothing for both men and women.
Today, blazers are everywhere—from offices to street styles.
are blazers still in style in 2022 or 2023?
You might be thinking: “Is the blazer still in style?” Well, it depends on who you ask. Some people say that wearing a blazer is one of the most outdated and unfashionable fashion trends that you can do in 2019. However, there are also some people who believe that wearing a blazer is still an essential part of a man’s wardrobe.
So what is the answer? Do we need to stop wearing blazers? Or is it just another trend that will come back in 10 years? We’ll let you decide!
Let’s see the Google Trends below.
Google Trends shows that searches for “blazer” increased steadily from 2013 until 2019, when they began dropping off slightly.
The most popular countries for searches were the United Kingdom (1), followed by the United States (2), Ireland (3), and South Africa (4). As you can see, there’s no sign of blazers going out of style any time soon!
You also can do research online
It didn’t take long before people realized just how versatile they could be. And now they’re everywhere!
You can find them at high-end department stores like Nordstrom or Bloomingdale’s, but you can also find them at discount stores like Target or Walmart if you’re looking for something on a budget.
And if you want something more unique than what’s available in stores? Just check out Etsy or Amazon! You’ll find everything from leather jackets to denim jackets—even ones made from fur!
Here is a true story from our readers!
I wore a blazer to work every day for four years, and I was never able to get away with it. At first, my boss loved it—he said he thought it made me look more professional than the other employees. But then one day, one of the other employees’ blazers showed up ripped on their shoulders, and they complained to HR about being treated unfairly by management regarding their clothing choices. The next week, my boss decided that all of us had to wear jeans instead of our suits and blazers.
But I really like wearing suits! So I started wearing them on Fridays during happy hour with friends from work. Everyone loved it! They said that now that we were all in casual clothes together, we looked like friends and not just coworkers who were there for each other because we had no choice but to be there for each other if we wanted to keep our jobs.
5 reasons are blazers still in style
We’re so excited to wear our blazers that we’ve compiled a list of 5 reasons why you should be wearing them too.
1. They’re easy to pair with anything: You can wear a blazer over pretty much any outfit, from jeans and a tee to a skirt and heels. It’s the perfect way to add a little edge or polish to your favorite outfit.
2. Blazers are professional and casual at the same time: Blazers were originally worn by men who wanted to look more professional than they did in their suits without having to wear business formal clothes like vest suits or double-breasted jackets. Nowadays, women wear them for both professional and casual occasions—so there’s really no excuse not to own at least one!
3. Blazers show off your figure: A blazer can instantly make you look slimmer by accentuating your waistline, even if it’s not tight-fitting around your chest or hips! If you’re looking for a new way to get noticed in meetings or at work functions, this is definitely it!
4. Blazers give you an excuse not to iron all day long: We all know what happens when you wear a blazer for the first time—it’s crinkly, creased and totally wrinkled! But, if you’re anything like us, it can be hard to muster up the energy to iron all your clothes when you get home from work. So why not just throw on a blazer instead? It’ll save you time and effort—and who doesn’t want that?
5. Blazers are perfect for layering: If you don’t want to wear a heavy coat on your commute or to work, you can always throw on a blazer instead! It’ll keep you warm without weighing you down—and it’s super easy to take off as soon as you get inside.
5 tips for choosing a perfect blazer for daily wear
Looking for a blazer that’s perfect for everyday wear?
It’s not as easy as you’d think. Choosing a blazer that suits your needs, fits well, and looks good can be difficult! But don’t worry—we’ve got some tips to help you find the perfect piece.
Know the occasion
Are you going for an interview? Or is it just casual Friday at the office?
Figure out what kind of look you’re going for before you start shopping. It will help narrow down your choices and reduce frustration later on!
Pick something versatile
You want something that can go with anything from jeans to a cocktail dress, so make sure whatever jacket you’re looking at is versatile enough to work across different outfits and occasions.
If it can’t do that much, it probably won’t be worth the money or space in your closet!
Invest in quality fabric
If it’s going to cost more than $100, make sure it’s made from high-quality materials like wool or cotton instead of polyester or other synthetic fabrics that won’t hold up over time.
You’ll feel great wearing this piece every day and know that it will last through all kinds of weather conditions (which also means less dry cleaning bills).
Go for a classic cut
If you want to buy something that will last for years, don’t go for anything too trendy or too bold.
You can always add in other pieces that are more daring, but if you start with a classic coat, it’ll be easy to mix and match with different outfits over time.
Look at the details
From buttons to pockets and linings, you can tell a lot about a coat by its details.
The buttons should be high-quality and sturdy enough that they won’t fall off easily (and should match the color of your outerwear).
7 Quick tips for Wear a blazer for daily life
Wearing a blazer for daily life can be tough—there’s so much pressure to make sure it’s the right color, style, and cut to make you feel like the boss lady you are. We’re here to tell you that wearing a blazer doesn’t have to be hard! We’ve got seven quick tips for wearing a blazer in your everyday life:
1. Make sure your blazer fits well.
2. Go for something bright and fun for springtime!
3. Wear a blazer with jeans or slacks (or both!)
4. Pair your blazer with heels or flats, depending on the occasion (and how fancy it is)
5. If you want to wear it with a dress or skirt, try pairing it with tights or leggings instead of bare legs (because who wants to see their ankles on Instagram?)
6. A bright red blazer is always a good call if you want to stand out in a crowd (and probably get more attention than usual)
7. Don’t forget about color blocking!
Yes, blazers are still in style! They’re a classic piece that can be worn in so many different ways, so we’ve got no doubt that they’ll stay a favorite for years to come.
So get yourself a blazer, and don’t be afraid to experiment with it—you can wear it with anything from jeans to dresses to leggings (and everything in between).
Hi, I’m Isabella! I’m a fashion-obsessed writer who loves everything about it: the clothes, the accessories, and especially the people. I’ve been writing about fashion for nearly 8 years now—and during that time, I’ve learned a few things. First of all, there’s no such thing as bad style. It’s just a matter of what works for you. Second of all, fashion is more than just clothes—it can be a way to express yourself or your personality. And finally: Fashion is fun!