Distressed jeans are back!
If you’re a fashionista, you’ve probably been keeping an eye on the trends and keeping up with what’s new in the world of denim. Distressed jeans have been everywhere this year—and they’re not going anywhere soon.
But how long will they stay in style? It can be hard to tell when it comes to fashion, but we’ve got some predictions for you.
What do distressed jeans look like?
Distressed jeans are a fun, casual look that’s perfect for spring. They’re usually made from denim and have holes in the knees, rips or tears on the ankles, and frayed edges. You can wear them with anything from a tank top to a graphic tee.
Are distressed jeans still in style in 2024?
Let me guess: you’re wondering if distressed jeans will still be in style in 2024. I get it—distressed jeans are everywhere right now, and they’re all over the internet, so they must be cool, right?
Well, let me tell you a little secret: they’ve been around forever. The first pair I ever saw was on my grandmother, who wore them when she was in college. She told me that the whole fashion world had changed since then and that she didn’t think anyone would want to wear them anymore. But then here we are in 2024, and distressed jeans are still everywhere!
So what gives? Why do these things keep coming back? And why is it that when something comes back into style, it’s never quite the same as it was the first time around?
How long will distressed jeans stay in style?
Distress is hot right now. But just how long will distressed jeans stay on trend? I predict it will be for at least 2-5 years, but if you prefer to wait and see, then I suggest purchasing high-quality pieces with distressing that is not too pronounced.
why are distressed jeans still in style in 2024?
Distressed jeans are still in style in 2024 because they’re comfortable, flattering, and versatile.
Distressed jeans are great for all-day wear. They can be worn for work or for play, and they’re comfortable enough to be worn all day without causing any discomfort.
2. Flattering fit
Distressed jeans offer a flattering fit that flatters the shape of your legs while still being practical enough to wear on a regular basis.
Distressed jeans go with almost everything in your closet: t-shirts, tank tops, blouses, sweaters—you name it! This makes them perfect for all seasons and occasions; you can wear them on a date night or when going out with friends (as long as you know what kind of place you’ll be going to).
4. Versatile color options
There are many different styles of distressed jeans to choose from, including mid-rise, low-rise and high-waist; in addition, there are many different washes and colors available. You can find a pair that fits your style perfectly!
5. Affordable price point
Distressed jeans are usually very affordable compared to other designer denim brands because they’re so casual and easy to wear. They’re also easy on the eyes!
5 Tips for buying distressed jeans for yourself
Buying distressed jeans can be tricky. Here are 5 tips to help you get the perfect pair.
1. Make sure you’re buying distressed jeans that fit your body type and style. If they don’t fit right, they won’t look right!
2. Get a pair that’s been distressed by hand, not machine—it’ll make them look more authentic and unique.
3. Try on different styles and cuts before making your purchase—there are so many different kinds out there, so find one that suits you best!
4. Don’t forget to ask questions: Are these jeans new? What kind of material are they made from? How long have they been sitting around? All these things will affect how authentic the distressed look is when it comes to buying distressed jeans for yourself!
5. And finally… just relax! These tips should help you find your perfect pair of distressed jeans in no time at all!
7 quick tips for styling distressed jeans in 2024
1. Add a belt: A belt can make your distressed jeans look polished and put-together, even if you’re not wearing any other accessories.
2. Try them with a blazer or cardigan: You can totally wear distressed jeans with a blazer or cardigan—it just depends on the fit of both items. If your blazer is too tight, try pairing it with something else that fits a little looser so that the overall effect isn’t too trendy or overdone.
3. Try them with a leather jacket: Distressed denim looks even better when paired with leather!
4. Go for an all-black look: Black on black is always in style, and this look is especially fresh when paired with distressed denim (and maybe a few accessories like stud earrings and some cool rings).
5. Add some color: If you want to add some color but still keep things simple, try picking up some bright colored socks or shoes that will match the blue in your pants without being too attention-grabbing!
6. The Distressed Jean Is Your Friend
Distressed jeans are back, baby. And we’re not talking about the light-wash, fraying-at-the-knee denim you wore in middle school. We’re talking about some real damage: ripped knees, destroyed hems, shredded cuffs—the works!
7. Mix It Up With A Distressed Denim Jacket
If you’ve got all your distressed jeans on but no way to finish off the look, try a distressed denim jacket instead of a regular one. You can find them in any color or wash that works with your other clothes and they’ll add some edge to your outfit without being too wild or distracting from what you’re already wearing.
I believe that distressed jeans will be in style for a long time, because they’re so versatile. Not only can you wear them with anything, but they also look great on everyone—even if you’re tall or short, curvy or skinny!
So get out there and buy yourself some distressed jeans! You’ll thank me later.
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!