Have you ever wondered if denim dresses are still in style? We have, and we’re here to answer your questions.
In this post, we’ll explore the reasons why denim dresses are still popular and some buying and styling tips for getting the most out of your denim dress wardrobe.
Denim dresses FACTS
Denim dresses are a type of dress made from denim fabric, which is a sturdy, durable material typically used for making jeans. They come in a range of styles and cuts, from mini to maxi, and can be designed with different necklines, sleeve lengths, and details such as buttons, zippers, and pockets.
Denim dresses are a great option for women who want a comfortable and versatile dress that can be dressed up or down for any occasion. They can be worn with sneakers or sandals for a casual daytime look, or dressed up with heels and statement jewelry for a night out.
In recent years, denim dresses have become increasingly popular, as they offer a stylish and effortless way to stay on-trend while also being comfortable and practical. They are a great way to incorporate denim into your wardrobe in a new and fresh way, and can be worn year-round.
Denim dresses have a long history, dating back to the early 20th century when they were worn by working-class women as practical and durable workwear. Over time, denim dresses became more fashionable, and were popularized by style icons such as Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.
Today, denim dresses continue to be a fashion staple, offering women a timeless and versatile wardrobe option that is both chic and functional. So if you’re looking for a dress that is comfortable, stylish, and easy to wear, a denim dress might be just what you need!
Are Denim Dresses Still in Style in 2023?
Denim dresses are still in style.
In fact, they’re getting even more popular.
If you’ve been wondering if denim dresses are still in style in 2023, the answer is a resounding “yes!” Denim dresses have been prominent for decades, and the interest in them has only increased since 2009.
To illustrate this point, let’s look at Google Trends data for “denim dress” and “denim dress trend.” The image below shows that denim dresses were still popular as recently as 2017. In fact, interest in denim dresses has been increasing steadily since 2009.
7 Celebrities who wear denim dresses
- Kate Middleton – In 2020, the Duchess of Cambridge wore a blue denim dress by Emilia Wickstead during a virtual visit to a women’s center in London.
- Jessica Alba – At the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscars after-party, Alba wore a dark wash denim dress by Brock Collection with a ruffled hemline.
- Gigi Hadid – During a night out in New York City in 2017, Hadid wore a distressed denim mini dress with a black turtleneck and knee-high boots.
- Dakota Johnson – At the Venice Film Festival in 2018, Johnson wore a strapless denim dress by Gucci, complete with a corset-style bodice and a full skirt.
- Karlie Kloss – At the 2019 CFDA Awards, Kloss wore a long-sleeved denim dress with a belted waist, designed by Brandon Maxwell.
- Hailey Bieber – In 2020, Bieber was spotted out and about in Los Angeles wearing a light wash denim dress with a relaxed fit and long sleeves.
- Rihanna – In 2019, Rihanna wore a fitted denim mini dress with a corset-style bodice and spaghetti straps, designed by Fenty.
Why Are Denim Dresses Still popular in 2023?
We all have our reasons for liking the things we like, but sometimes it’s fun to put those reasons into words. Here are five unique reasons why denim dresses are so beloved by women everywhere!
1. They can be dressed up or down.
Denim dresses are a great way to look put-together without having to worry about whether your outfit is “right” or not. You can wear them with heels or flats, a statement necklace or none at all—they’re just so versatile!
2. They’re easy to care for and long-lasting.
If you spill something on your denim dress, no big deal! Just throw it in the wash and it’ll come out just like new! You can wear them again and again without worrying about them looking worn out from too much use.
3. They’re comfortable enough for everyday wear but stylish enough for special occasions too (like weddings)!
You don’t have to worry about whether or not your denim dress will fit in with an occasion—it’ll fit right in no matter what!
4. Denim dresses are easy to wear.
Denim dresses are extremely versatile and can be worn during any season. You can dress up or dress down a denim dress depending on how you accessorize it. You can pair it with different shoes, jewelry and accessories to create a different look each time you wear it.
5. Denim dresses can make you feel confident and beautiful.
Wearing a denim dress makes most women feel confident and beautiful because of the way they feel when wearing the dress. This is especially true if they have chosen a style that fits them perfectly, which will make them feel great about themselves and their body shape as well as ensuring that they look fabulous too!
6. They are flattering for women of all shapes and sizes.
The great thing about denim dresses is that no matter what size or shape you are there is always going to be one that suits your body type perfectly! They may not all be exactly the same but they will all flatter your figure in some way or another so there really shouldn’t be any reason why anyone shouldn’t go out and buy one today!
8 Quick Tips for buying Denim Dresses
1. Don’t buy anything that doesn’t fit.
2. Shop for denim dresses that are comfortable, well-made, and have a flattering cut.
3. Look for denim dresses with unique details, like ruffles or lace appliques.
4. Find denim dresses in your favorite color—you’ll wear the heck out of it.
5. Make sure your denim dress is versatile enough to go from work to weekend and everywhere in between!
6. If you’re still not sure about how to wear a denim dress, try one on with boots and a jean jacket for an edgy look!
8 quick tips for styling Denim Dresses in 2023
For the past few years, denim has been all the rage. But now that it’s 2019 and we’ve seen it everywhere, we’re ready for something new.
This year, denim dresses are coming back! And they’re even better than you remember. They’re the perfect way to show off your personal style without having to worry about showing too much skin or standing out too much. We’ve got five quick tips for styling denim dresses this fall:
1. Pair a denim dress with a jean jacket (or blazer) for an extra-cool look that will keep you warm while still looking stylish.
2. Wear a denim dress with boots or sneakers—whatever your style is! Just make sure your shoes match your dress! (Or try mixing up patterns!)
3. Try wearing a denim dress with a chunky knit sweater—it’ll keep you warm but still look cool and crisp!
4. Wear your favorite pair of jeans with a fun top or blouse beneath your denim dress for an easy outfit upgrade! You’ll be comfortable and cozy, but still stylish enough to wear out on date night!
5. Don’t forget accessories—a belt can add some extra flair if you want to dress up your denim dress. Try wearing a belt with a chunky, colorful buckle if you’re feeling bold!
6. Try combining two different denim dresses for an unexpected look—one can be worn as a top and the other can be paired with jeans or leggings for an ultra-casual outfit.
7. Wear your denim dress over pants—either skinny jeans or flares (or whatever style is in right now!)
8. Wear your denim dress with a blazer and some heels for a night out on the town!
We hope you enjoyed this blog post! If you liked it, please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
In the meantime, we’ll be here waiting for the next trend to come along.
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!