Are pleated skirts still in style in 2023? We’ve got the answer for you!
In this post, we’ll be covering some of the reasons why pleated skirts are still popular, what you can wear them with, and some tips on how to style them.
So if you’re looking to find out more about pleated skirts and whether they’re going to be a trend in the future, keep reading!
Are pleated skirts Still in style in 2023?
Still very popular, Popular in Ireland and in the UK
Google Trends: Peaked in 2004
But you can find millions of Midi Skirts on Instagram and Pinterest in the USA
The Midi Skirt is a classic look that never goes out of style. You can find this skirt everywhere from the streets of New York City to the catwalk at Paris Fashion Week. The Midi Skirt has been around since the 1950s, but it’s still very popular today. It’s especially popular in Ireland and Great Britain.
You might notice that there’s not a lot of information about this topic online. But this doesn’t mean people aren’t interested! The fact that you’re reading this right now means you’re probably curious about what we think about this topic—and we’ll tell you! If you want to know if the midi skirt is still stylish today, just keep reading!
How long will pleated skirts be in Style?
Pleated skirts are a great way to dress up your work wardrobe, but how long will they be in style?
The answer: a while. The pleated skirt is an enduring staple and has been popular since the 1800s. It’s also one of the most versatile and flattering styles you can wear.
If you want to know how long it’ll be in style, just look at how it’s survived this long.
Why pleated skirts are still in style in 2023?
1. Pleated skirts are timeless.
2. They can be worn with any type of shoe and any type of top, which makes them super versatile.
3. Pleats can add volume to a skirt without adding too much bulk, making them perfect for those who want to wear them during the hot summer months.
4. They’re great for hiding any problem areas you may have! If you’re self-conscious about your thighs or rear end, then pleats will help hide those areas by creating more space between your hips and waistline than a straight skirt would provide.
5. They look good on all body types!
6 . This is probably my favorite thing about them—is how easily they transition from daywear into nightwear: All you need is an oversized sweater or blouse that matches the color of your skirt (or vice versa) and some jewelry (optional). Your pleated skirt will instantly become more formal without changing anything else about it!
5 Tips for buying pleated skirts for yourself
1. Know your size! Pleated skirts are not as forgiving as other types of skirts, so it’s important to get the correct size. If you’re unsure of what your size is, we recommend getting your waist and hips measured by a professional tailor at a local store. This will allow you to get an accurate measurement so that you can find the best fit for your body type.
2. The right fabric! Pleated skirts can be made from almost any kind of fabric, but they’re typically made from cotton, linen, or silk. Cotton is great because it’s breathable and easy to wash and care for—a must if you plan on wearing your pleated skirt in the summer months or during hot weather seasons like spring and fall! Linen is ideal for cooler temperatures because it breathes well and holds its shape well when washed in cold water (never use hot water on linen fabrics). Silk pleated skirts are pretty traditional options that look great with a wide variety of styles and colors; however, they may not be appropriate for everyday wear due to their delicate nature (they can easily snag or tear).
3. Length matters! Pleated skirts come in different lengths depending on how much coverage you want from them: short ( knee length), midi (above the knee) and maxi (floor-length). If you are petite and want to wear a pleated skirt, opt for a shorter length so that it doesn’t overwhelm your frame.
4. Pleated skirts are very forgiving! If you want a skirt that will hide any body issues (like cellulite), choose one with pleats. They provide extra volume around your hips, thighs and butt so that no one can see any unwanted bumps or bulges.
5. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles—you can try out polka dots or stripes if you’re feeling bold today!
How to wear pleated skirts in 2023
1. Try a ruffled skirt with a loose blouse and chunky heels.
2. An A-line skirt is perfect for a casual look—just pair it with some flats and a simple top for an easy day look.
3. If you’re looking for something more formal, try pairing a pleated skirt with a blazer and heels for an office look that’s still stylish.
4. Pleated skirts are great for going out on the town because they’re less likely to get caught up in your legs as you walk than straight-cut skirts would be (and they’re also much more flattering). For fancy occasions, try pairing one with a blouse and pumps, or even a fancy top hat!
5. If you’re feeling adventurous, try layering your pleated skirt over leggings or tights—it’s sure to make heads turn!
6. Wear a long sleeve shirt with a pleated skirt to keep things neat and polished.
7. Try a sheer top with a pleated skirt for an unexpected look.
8. A chunky knit cardigan adds some extra warmth to your outfit, but still keeps things casual and relaxed.
9. Pair a leather jacket with your pleated skirt for an edgy look that’s perfect for the fall season!
Q&A about pleated skirts
Pleated skirts make you look fat?
So you’re wondering if pleated skirts are a good choice for your body type? Well, the answer is: it depends! Pleated skirts can be super flattering, but it all comes down to the fabric, cut, and fit.
Generally speaking, pleats can add some volume to your hips and thighs, which may not be what you want if you’re trying to minimize those areas. But, if you’re looking to create some curves and movement, then pleats can definitely help you out!
Keep in mind though, the most important thing is how you feel in the skirt. If you’re feeling confident and comfortable while wearing it, then you’ll be looking amazing no matter what style or cut you choose!
So you’re curious about which body shape is best for pleated skirts?
Well, after doing some digging, it turns out that pleated skirts can look amazing on lots of different body types!
Whether you’re pear-shaped, apple-shaped, or hourglass-shaped, a pleated skirt can help create a balanced, flattering look by adding volume and movement to the skirt.
But, the most important thing is finding a pleated skirt that fits you well and flares out in the right spot for your specific body shape. So, don’t be afraid to try out different styles and see what works best for you!
How do you look slim in a pleated skirt?
So, you want to know how to look slimmer while wearing a pleated skirt, huh? Well, there are a few things you can do to achieve this look.
First off, look for a pleated skirt that sits high on your waist, as this will create the illusion of longer legs and a more streamlined silhouette. Also, try to choose a skirt with smaller, tighter pleats, as this will make you look smoother and more toned.
Another tip is to pair your pleated skirt with a fitted top or blouse, which will help balance out the volume of the skirt and create a more proportional look.
And, if you want to take it a step further, consider wearing some shapewear underneath your skirt to give you an extra boost of confidence and help smooth out any bumps or lumps.
It’s clear that pleated skirts are still going strong in 2023.
In fact, they’re not just a trend—they’re an icon of fashion history.
And if you’re looking for proof, we’ve got it: when you see women wearing skirts with pleats, it’s easy to tell them apart from those who don’t. The look is so distinct that even if the woman herself doesn’t know who designed the skirt or where she bought it, you can be sure that she knows what it means to wear a pleated skirt.
And that’s because pleats are timeless. They never go out of style!
Hey there! I’m Sophia, and I’m the co-founder of this website. I’ve been a lifelong fashion enthusiast and have spent most of my time working in the industry as a fashion stylist. My goal is to create a space where we can all come together and celebrate everything that makes us who we are: our individual styles. I’m excited to bring you this digital community, where we can share our stories, insights, and experiences with each other—and learn new things along the way!